Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #31
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Samsung Galaxy Ace IIx
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowoeB View Post
thank you, found the initial mount of "onboard" at boot and the rmount after unplugging the usb. I'll simply do a mount without the vfat argument if there is an error on the original mount line... will give it a try tomorrow...
I looked at that - you can't actually "just do a mount without the vfat argument" if the mount of the internal card is like the one for the external card - it includes an option ("-o shortname=mixed") that's invalid on an ext* partition.

I suggested native linux partitions long ago, but never had the gumption to try it myself - with my 800 odd books, and too many collections, it is very slow to boot, so I just don't ever boot if I can help it!
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:18 AM   #32
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB is on a distinguished road

Device: DR1000S; 505,300,350,600,T1; DX, 3, Fire, PW; Tolino; iPad; Aura
there are no short filenames under ext3 - so why would you use "-o shortname=mixed" ? I just deleted the argument.
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 06-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #33
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Samsung Galaxy Ace IIx
Like I said - you can't "just do a mount without the vfat argument".
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #34
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

hm, tried to mount an external ext3 sd on my aura today and it won't mount - I see it, when I plug the reader into my macs USB and can write books to it - but I can't access it with the reader itself... a messagebox is popping up that tells me to format the sd with fat32... the USB and SD files are modified as described above and I'm running 2.6.1b...
Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #35
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowoeB View Post
hm, tried to mount an external ext3 sd on my aura today and it won't mount - I see it, when I plug the reader into my macs USB and can write books to it - but I can't access it with the reader itself... a messagebox is popping up that tells me to format the sd with fat32... the USB and SD files are modified as described above and I'm running 2.6.1b...
Hmm... Did you get the internal/onboard SD working?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #36
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

didn' try it. if the external does not work I don't think the internal will... I'll take a deeper look into this as soon as i have more time...