Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
javirulo007
javirulo007 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Copy library and books

Hi everybody
I have used calibre since january. I installed calibre in my laptop.
Due to job reason, I am abroad for several weeks and now i am using a diferent laptop and.
So the question is: ¿Is there any way to copy the books, and data metadata, from the calibre in this work-laptop and to add the books, data and metadata to the personal-laptop (when I arrive home)?
Best regards
javirulo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Yes. Just copy the whole Calibre Library folder.

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ter-to-another
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
javirulo007

Thanks a lot,
I will take a look
Old 05-21-2013, 01:41 AM   #4
javirulo007

I have just taken a look to the related link and it does not solve the problem because:
"If the computer you are transferring to already has a calibre installation, then the Welcome wizard wont run. In that case, right-click the calibre icon in the tooolbar and point it to the newly copied directory. You will now have two calibre libraries on your computer and you can switch between them by clicking the calibre icon on the toolbar"
This is OK if you want to have two libraries, but I do not want. I want a unique library, so I want to import all the books and metadata to the existing library in my personal laptop.
Any additional suggestion?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by javirulo007; 05-21-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #5
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Once you have two working calibre libraries on your computer, delete the one you don't want. Perhaps after you copy the books in it to the other library.

Or delete the folder with the existing library, and replace it with the new one, using the exact same folder name/path.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #6
javirulo007

This way you indicated will cause to lose the books of one of the libraries. The solution is not copy the books from one library to the other because that will not recover the metadata (I think).
Anyway, I will try with a few books
Thanks