Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
Can I just query this though --

You can also open (press the tag icon in the lower right) the tag browser and simply click on the author, this will enter a prefixed search for you in the search bar.
@book64 - Yes that's another 'correct' way - did we not mention it

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@book64 - Yes that's another 'correct' way - did we not mention it
Since he is quoting me, it was mentioned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You can also open (press the tag icon in the lower right) the tag browser and simply click on the author, this will enter a prefixed search for you in the search bar.
He might be somehow asking a question about it, but I figure at this point book64 just needs to review the thread and try out the various ways that have been explained in detail.

Of course specific questions are always welcome.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 05-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #18
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 , Nexus 4, Kobo Touch, HTC Wildfire
Thanks all Think I've got it now lol
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #19
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows XP, Windows7
I'd like to add that while searching just by the name is all right, I can't consider it as a good practice in view of the future. In the beginning, with few hundred books, there's no difference, but in a year or two the number will be several thousand and searching several columns is slower than searching just one. Why learn to do something that needs to be unlearned in the future?
Usually I know if the 'Moon' I want is author or title, so I will type author:Moon or title:Moon and get results faster.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote