Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Exclamation desktop 3.2.2 crashing when connected to kobo

Just got an update for the desktop and now it seems to crash every time I connect the reader. Just wondering if any one else is having issues.

Just incase its asked: Windows 7 64 bit
Amd FX 8 CORE CPU BLACK EDITION
32GB OF RAM
8 TERRABYTES OF HDD

every thing works fine up to the point where the device is connected and the desktop does it thing. Then it crashes.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Just got an update for the desktop and now it seems to crash every time I connect the reader. Just wondering if any one else is having issues.

Just incase its asked: Windows 7 64 bit
Amd FX 8 CORE CPU BLACK EDITION
32GB OF RAM
8 TERRABYTES OF HDD

every thing works fine up to the point where the device is connected and the desktop does it thing. Then it crashes.

regards

Jack
My desktop is pretty close to what you have except for 24GB memory and 5TB of hard drive plus a 120GB SSD boot drive. The only issue I've seen with 3.22, so far, is that my Kobo library books do not show. They do sync to my Aura either using the desktop or wifi.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
i upgraded the app earlier today and synced my Aura with no problem. I just synced my Mini, again with no problem. I'm using a Mac.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
I also have no problems on a Windows 7 64-bit, Intel core i7 and 4GB of RAM (I think the hard disk is 512 GB, not sure though)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I also have no problems on a Windows 7 64-bit, Intel core i7 and 4GB of RAM (I think the hard disk is 512 GB, not sure though)
That's good to know. I am not sure what is causing the error. I have unistalled it rebooted. Edited the Registry and removed all Kobo occurances and reinstalled still have issue.

Jack
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
i upgraded the app earlier today and synced my Aura with no problem. I just synced my Mini, again with no problem. I'm using a Mac.
Well oddly I did connect the Step Mothers Touch to the computer and the Kobo software synced with out crashing... So I have now reset the glo (sigh have to wait for processing of my books all over again all 3000 of them.) and it seems to sync fine... wont know till the initial sync is completed and the upgrade done.

fingers crossed.

Jack
Old 05-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
jackastor
Wizard

Device Reset Worked.

Sadly I had to do a device reset to get things to work. But now things are working fine. I think perhaps I may have disconnected the reader without ejecting it. This may be a good lesson for us all here to remember. Eject Eject Eject or else corruption and chaos will ensue..

Regards

Jack

Last edited by jackastor; 05-13-2013 at 07:08 PM.