Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
Kyoto
Kyoto began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Removing Space from Beginning of Title

Half of my books have a space at the beginning of the title. Is there an easy way to remove it? I know /s removes all the spaces but I just want to remove the one at the beginning.
Kyoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
using search and replace in the edit metadata box should do it. It will show you a preview.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
JustForFun
Enthusiast
JustForFun began at the beginning.

Device: PB360
This should work, but please note that I didn't test it. Better make a backup of your entire library before you try it.
Select the books you want to change and then "Edit metadata in bulk". Go to "Search and replace". Set "Search mode" to "Regular expression" and than select "title" as "Search field". Enter "^ " (note the space after the caret) into "Search for". Leave "Replace with" empty. You should see a preview of the first book titles at the bottom of the dialog. If it looks right press "Apply" and you should be done.
If some of your titles start with multiple spaces change "Search for" to "^ +" (again, note the space).
I'm not sure, if this also updates title_sort, but I hope so. If not, you can try to do the steps above again for "title_sort" but this may not work in every case.
JustForFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:53 AM   #4
Kyoto
Kyoto began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Worked perfectly. Thanks. You just saved me a ton of time.
Kyoto is offline   Reply With Quote