Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #46
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

The Random Gentleman US DE by Elizabeth Chater (orig. Ivy 1981). This is labelled a Georgian Romance.

Quote:
Belinda is arranged to marry the Duke of Romsdale, but rather than acquiesce to tradition, she flees to Devon. She soon discovers that the Duke is in pursuit of her, and, disguised as a gypsy, he's endeavoring to win what he believes is his birthright: her heart.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #47
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2, Sony PRST1, [MomsKoboTouch], [DaughtersSSGalaxy Tab2]
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
[Sorry, yes it is a convention. I met so many authors; MaryJanice Davidson, Christine Feehan, Elizabeth Hoyt, Jade Lee, Catherine Asaro, Angela Knight, Heather Graham and more. I was told that my name would be a great name for a character, sat and ate dinner with some cover models and authors and went to balls. I am deeply thankful to have met and talked personally to LA Banks and Judi McCoy before they died. They were beautiful women and Judi helped me have the courage to try to learn to belly dance. It was great fun.

I went by myself both times and still met people even though I did not stay in the hotel. I live in Florida and drove back and forth every day. I came home with so much stuff. Many of it free books. Both times I went I came back with enough books that it made up the money I spent on the convention. Blossom, if you ever get to go, I would go with you.
Oh that sounds like a trip of a lifetime and I can tell that you really enjoyed it.

Last edited by Blue2u; 05-02-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #48
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2, Sony PRST1, [MomsKoboTouch], [DaughtersSSGalaxy Tab2]
Quote:
DITTO!! So much so I have to take myself in hand and actually implement a book budget... I don't have a lick of self-control, so I don't imagine I'll follow it very well, but maybe it can at least serve as a target!

I'm thinking a dual budget, if that makes sense... A bargain budget and a wishlist budget, maybe. That may sound crazy but if I think of them together I'll never buy anything on my wishlist unless it's less than $2, but if I tell myself I can spend, say $20, on non-bargain priced books, then I might at least have a chance of filling out some series so I can then actually READ said series (because, of course, you have to have them ALL before you start reading, right? Right?!? )

This shall certainly be a grand experiment... or not!
I don't even bother with my budget anymore. Ever since I walked through a few bookstores and saw the price of even paperback books, I feel totally justified in spending $1-3 per book. I just try to keep it to a few a week when I can. Making a wishlist helps too. I try to go through new releases once a week and add them to it as I go so I'm not too tempted to spend full price.

Nixlappi, I've seen this 'Black Cat' series come up a few times in the past few weeks and I always look at it too. If I don't pickup anything today [and I didn't yesterday too, I'm so proud of myself!], maybe I'll just grab the first one already!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Removed username from quote, as it is no longer in service.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #49
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
I have a $10 a week book allowance it use to be $15 but hubby cut me down. That doesn't include tax. He pays that part. Sometimes I have a little more or a little less.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #50
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Kindle PW, LG G3
Kindle Freebie

Viking! by Connie Mason (Leisure 1998)

Quote:
The first time he saw her she was clad in nothing but moonlight and mist and the midnight cloud of her lustrous hair. And from that moment, Thorne the Relentless knew he'd been bewitched by the maiden bathing in the forest pool.

How else to explain the torrid dreams that haunted his nights, the fierce longing that kept his hard-muscled warrior's body in a constant state of arousal? Thorne knew of only one way to combat the witch's spell --- to capture her in a Viking raid and make her his own. But once the deed was done, he found himself, still more enchanted by his lovely thrall. Could Fiona be speaking the truth when she claimed it was not sorcery that bound him to her, but the powerful yearning of his ... VIKING
Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #51
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kindle Freebie

Viking! by Connie Mason (Leisure 1998)

Anytime I can get one of her books for free.

Nothing I can find in the slush pile today worth posting.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-02-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #52
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post

Next year it is going to be in New Orleans. If I can get a job, I am going to try and make it to that one. And stay at the hotel too this time.
That's way too warm of a place for me but there will be plenty more.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #53
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Kindle PW, LG G3
For any of you that are looking at Kobo purchases. I still have some 30% contest codes that were still working earlier this morning. PM me how many you need and I will send.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #54
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
All My Love, Detrick [Kindle Edition]
Roberta Kagan (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/All-My-Love-De...154606011_f_66

Quote:
True love is difficult to come by. What would you sacrifice for love? Your home? Your material possessions? Your family and friends? Your principles? Your life?
Prologue
Detrick, a seven-year-old Aryan boy, with blonde hair that shines like the rays of the sun rides his brand new bicycle down a main street of Berlin in 1923. Young and carefree, he’s fully experiencing freedom for the first time. It is mid-day and the street is filled with humanity. Vendors hawk their wares and haggle with potential shoppers, while a few of the new inventions called automoblies honk as make their way through the crowded roads. There is so much to look at, to smell, and to take in, the fresh baked bread, the chocolate candy, the fresh fruit. Detrick is swept away by all of the activities surrounding him, so he is not paying attention when suddenly a horse drawn cart appears causing him to fall. Embarrassed and upset he decides to walk his damaged bicycle home by a different path, one where he is unlikely to be forced to face his friends. A path through the Jewish sector of town. It is here that he meets Jacob Abdenstern, a lovable Jewish bicycle repair man who offers to help the little boy. Detrick having an alcoholic, anti-Semitic father finds a friend and much-needed paternal figure in Jacob. A relationship flourishes between the two of them that will alter both of their lives forever.

Chapter one begins in 1933. Detrick is now seventeen, a man, athletic, full of passion, and working in Jacob’s bicycle shop. When Jacob invites Detrick to a Shabbat dinner with his family, things change. The stars align as Detrick sees Jacobs fifteen-year-old daughter Leah in a new light. The attraction between the two is undeniable, and they find themselves falling in love, just as Hitler is appointed chancellor of Germany.
The heart-wrenching novel " All My Love Detrick" intertwines the lives of the lovers and their families as they try to survive in a world gone mad, under the reign of Hitler and his Third Reich.
So I ask you again how much would you sacrifice for your true love? Detrick is willing to sacrifice everything in a time as sinister as they come.

This is a huge, sweeping historical saga that will tug at your heart strings. If you liked "Titanic," you'll love "All My Love, Detrick."

GOLDEN REVIEW Book! “All My Love, Detrick” By Roberta Kagan
*Every GOLDEN REVIEW book has at LEAST 10 reviews; averaging a four star rating.**

Top Books Worth Reading
“I saw Detrick and Leah so vividly through Roberta Kagan’s characterizations that my heart broke for them while I was riveted to each page. Kagan has a way of bringing her subjects to life for us in a way only a very talented writer can.”

“This is one of the books that you don`t want to end. This book was really awesome ! Beautiful heart breaking story.Wow ! If you like World War II books ,than you definitely have to get this one !”
Goodreads Reviewer

“Rarely do I read a book more than once, then I pass it on. “All My Love Detrick” will not leave my bookshelf because I know I will keep going back to it to reread different scenes that will drift through my mind from time to time.”
Goodreads Reviewer

Excerpt: Kristalnacht

The night of broken glass….

A shattering crashed through the stillness of the darkness as if the world was coming to an end. The sky lit up with orange and red fire following a booming thunderous roar as the synagogue that the Abdenstern’s had attended for years burst into flames. Then came the crashing of clubs as the windows of the local shops fell in shards upon the streets. Cries of terror from the women and children filled the Jewish sector of town. Men who’d been ripped from their homes lay upon the ground beaten and bleeding. Wild mobs ran in every direction looting and destroying, forgetting all respect for human life. For the Jews who lived and worked in peace for centuries in this tiny community, Armageddon had begun.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #55
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
The Book Lovers Buffet is a cooperative between a bunch of authors to offer $0.99 deals on 150+ Romance novels between May 1-3. Thought it might interest some of you...

http://bookloversbuffetdotcom.wordpress.com/
Old 05-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #56
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The Book Lovers Buffet is a cooperative between a bunch of authors to offer $0.99 deals on 150+ Romance novels between May 1-3. Thought it might interest some of you...

http://bookloversbuffetdotcom.wordpress.com/
Most of these have been freebies at one time or another.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #57
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
This is a maybe bargain . From RT's webpage:
Quote:

SPECIAL E-EXPO PROMO WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT 4PM TODAY, THURSDAY, MAY 2!

FOR THOSE WHO *CANNOT* ATTEND THE EXPO IN PERSON YOU TOO CAN PARTICIPATE AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE PROMO.

THIS YEAR THE RT EXPO IS GOING GLOBAL! ARe is the official bookseller for RT's Expo and this year we are making the book lover event global so that everyone from home can participate. Join in the fun by visiting this page on May 2 from 4pm to 6pm and attend the virtual event! Just click on any author’s name and it will take you to their unique author page on All Romance e-Books website where you can begin purchasing. We recommend that, if you do not already have an account with ARe, you set one up before the EXPO begins on May 2 to make your purchasing easy on the day of the event. We will be tweeting and Facebooking from the hotel with a live feed so feel free to join in the fun!
The drawback is that 4 pm means it is almost midnight in Sweden.
Edit: And it is even better if the CC isn't turned off. And since I am not at home, I cannot turn it on. So I'll go and pre-order something from Carina Press on Kobo instead.

Last edited by mikaelalind; 05-02-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #58
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
This is a maybe bargain . From RT's webpage:
So it's 30% ARe rebate until 8am May 3 (central time zone). The code is @allromance

http://www.rtbookreviews.com/rt-dail...omance-e-books
Old 05-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #59
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer

Speaking of RT did you guys hear that EL James was at the New Adult panel and stood up and told people to stop talking about her book? Supposedly Abbi Glines (her friend) was in on it and was suppose to be a joke, maybe? You can read more about it here.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-03-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #60
Critteranne
Evangelist
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, iPad, Nook, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Speaking of RT did you guys hear that EL James was at the New Adult panel and stood up and told people to stop talking about her book? Supposedly Abbi Glines (her friend) was in on it and was suppose to be a joke, maybe? You can read more about it here.
Oooh, interesting. Thanks for the link. Do we have a popcorn smiley?
Closed Thread