Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-18-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
revmike
Zealot
revmike doesn't litterrevmike doesn't litter

Device: sony reader 505 \ T-2
Sony palm ebooks

I hate it that I have all these palm books that I used to read on my sony clie will not work on the sony 505 reader. Now I have to buy them all over again, if I want to read them on the 505.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad 4, iPhone 5
See this thread.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:49 AM   #3
simond
Addict
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD,Kobo Mini,iPad Mini,iPhone, Icarus HD, Nexus 7
And that program has worked fine on my ebooks I've tried it with so far, has saved me a fortune compared to rebuying eReader books in Sony Reader convertible formats
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
revmike
Zealot

Thanks Slayda for the link.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
revmike
Zealot

I'll admit it. I'm a complete dummy when it comes to scripts. None of it makes any sense to me. Everyone says how easy it is to covert from one format to another, it probably is if you code writing experience, but for me it might as well be greek. So I'll just hold on to my 70+ books until something that a 5 year old can understand comes along.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
[sarcasm]But revmike, you have a Sony ereader 505 and as we know, you can should be able to read eReader eBooks with it.[/sarcasm]

Actually you have a Reader not an ereader.

What you need do to run a Python script is install Python for Winows 2.5 or later. Then make sure the script you want to run has a .py extention. And then you have to run it from a command line prompt along the lines of...

script.py option option option option

In this case the script you want to run has 4 different options.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #7
revmike
Zealot

I stand corrected in regards to reader vs ereader. But I'm still in the dark. I've downloaded python and the ereader2html script, but I have not been able to figure out how to do it.

Last edited by revmike; 02-20-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #8
revmike
Zealot

Thanks to JSWolf and Smaulz for all their help in providing me the information to be able to change the format on my books in order to have them available on the 505.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #9
Plowman
Plowman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I guess this may be a dead issue, but I've had a fair amount of luck using the Process Text converters.

http://www.processtext.com/abcpalm.html

My 2 cents
Plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowman View Post
I guess this may be a dead issue, but I've had a fair amount of luck using the Process Text converters.

http://www.processtext.com/abcpalm.html

My 2 cents
I too have had great luck with the ABC Amber series of converters. Great value for the money. And the Palm converter referenced is free.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #11
revmike
Zealot

I tried that first and all I got was gibberish. I probably did something wrong, maybe it did'nt work because I tried the free version, but in any event I now have all my old palm books on my sony reader which was all I wanted.