Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
msnf
msnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle PW
Is it possible to create special folders in kindle pw?

hi
Is it possible to create special folders in "documents folder" and send books into them?
i can view my Classified folders in kindle paperwhite! just there is my files without folders!
msnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
Jeanphi
Jeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to behold

Device: Former user of ZX81. Kindle e ink
Hi,

I know you can nest collections inside collections with Collections Manager.
This way,on your home page, you just have a limited amount of items.

To use Collections Manager, you have to look at the relevant thread. You will have to jailbreak your Kindle first.

I hope it answers your question.

Jeanphi
Jeanphi is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
msnf
msnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheesemsnf can extract oil from cheese

@Jeanphi thanks
Old 04-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnf View Post
hi
Is it possible to create special folders in "documents folder" and send books into them?
you can create folders via a PC as much as you like.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
msnf

@thomass yes, but After creating a folder via pc on the device(my pw),after eject, I see my files into kindlePW without folder!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnf View Post
@thomass yes, but After creating a folder via pc on the device(my pw),after eject, I see my files into kindlePW without folder!
it is a different thing. After creating folders like this you need to create collections for them via Collection Manager (there is an option on the menu of Collection Manager for this purpose)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I know you can create a folder for accessing additional fonts on the PW. I forget where the thread is but it was somewhere on this forum.
crich70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
athenat
athenat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Yes you are able to.
athenat is offline   Reply With Quote