|04-08-2013, 04:24 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2013
Device: prs t2, kobo mini, glo, arc, ipod touch 5
Feature wish list for new sony reader
I had been using ipod touch to read for a while. I find out that using ipt highlight and then snap shot screen is a very effective way of note taking for me, and I kind like this kind of feature. If new sony reader can allow user to take screen snap shots that will be great (a button for snap shot that will be great).
So what are your wishes for new features? want to hear them as well.
|04-08-2013, 09:38 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2012
Device: Sony PRS-T1
What I would like to see:
Sort-by-author name to sort by author's last name, not first name
I probably won't actually replace my reader anytime soon, though.
|04-09-2013, 07:14 AM||#3|
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, UK
Device: Sony PRS-505 & T1
Battery Charge meter to be displayed all the time.
Ability to sort collections manually on reader on Reader for PC software
|04-09-2013, 04:48 PM||#6|
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Device: Sony PRS-T1
Metal bezel, like the old 600, 650 series.
5" model, like the old 300, 350, and Kobo Mini.
|04-10-2013, 04:37 AM||#8|
Join Date: May 2012
Device: Electronic Paper
- Higher resolution
- Metal brezel
- Leather case
- Better page turn buttons than T2 (at least they shouln't hurt)
- No more "recently added" at the front screen
- Better and bug free annotation system
- Ability to export a single epub file with my annotations to another Reader
- Better stylus and a place to store it in the case
|04-10-2013, 05:57 PM||#9|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rosario, Argentina
Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
- Battery indicator and clock displayed all the time.
- An "expert mode" that allows to make corrections in non-drm'ed books and, possibly, to the CSS.
- Ability to sideload ebooks via wi-fi.
|04-10-2013, 07:52 PM||#10|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Device: PRS-650 / Cybook Opus / Nook STR (rooted)
1) That it has an excellent built-in light
2) That the apparently unfounded rumors of its existence are true.
In that order.
|04-11-2013, 01:07 AM||#11|
Join Date: May 2009
Device: PRS-350 & 505, both in blue
1. 350 size - if they can squeeze in 1/4" of more screen space (maybe slightly taller screen in same body?) great but 5" is fine.
2. Physical page turn buttons on side of body - and silent click
3. Font management built in
4. Decent font size management built in, like available once PRS+ and Zorked etc
5. User option to switch Author sort by last or first name
6. Blue... it's lovely.
For me that's it - don't need / never used the stylus, and a bedside lamp is ok rather than lit ereader screen.
Still love my PRS-350 & calibre.
|04-11-2013, 03:23 AM||#12|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Heemskerk, NL
Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
|04-11-2013, 11:29 AM||#13|
I ♥ Calibre
Join Date: Aug 2011
Device: Kindle PW, Sony PRS-350
I'm waiting to see what Sony come up with before deciding to go for it or wait for the Paperwhite II, so:
1. Front-lit tech similar to Glo/PW
2. Physical page turn buttons on side of body
3. Blue like the 350 would be nice instead of just silver/black
4. Maintain good quality dictionary/ stability etc of previous Sonys
5. Competitive price
|04-12-2013, 08:29 AM||#14|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1, Kobo Aura
1. Front lit OR a screen that is equal in contrast to reading a high quality paper book.
2. Capacitive touch screen and no buttons.
3. Higher resolution than the current T2.
4. Font size controllable in single point jumps
5. Adjustable margins and line height spacing.
6. Ultra slim case available that is both lightweight and reasonably priced.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to print list of books in SONY Reader Library software||keeska||Sony Reader||4||10-12-2013 07:38 AM|
|How to remove a reader from Sony's list||Tdew||Sony Reader||5||10-20-2009 10:10 AM|
|Next Sony reader: wish list||thegrendel||Sony Reader||104||07-24-2008 07:59 AM|
|Sony Reader Ebook Software Search Feature||ninfem||Sony Reader||1||04-11-2008 03:24 PM|
|Sony Reader #2 on Gadgets to go list||TadW||Sony Reader||5||06-27-2007 07:58 PM|