Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #16
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I must be the only person who couldn't find anything to buy--a few I already owned, and the others that piqued my interest a little bit were still too high-priced.
It's not just you. I scrolled through the 1000 books last night and found nothing I wanted to buy at those prices. Some of the titles have been discounted previously and like you, I have a few already. I have borrowed quite a few new releases from my library for the past couple of years, so I don't need to buy any of those.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650
I purchased 10 books including some Harry Bosch, Alec Cross, Mitch Rapp also a Nelson Demille, Sandra Brown, Nicholas Sparks, James Patterson, Jill Shalvis, SC Stepehens and the 24 Hour Bookstore one which I'd not heard of but it sounds good

I thank you for posting the sale my wallet doesn't
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color / Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I must be the only person who couldn't find anything to buy--a few I already owned, and the others that piqued my interest a little bit were still too high-priced.
No you were not the only one. I find the prices of the ones I might find interesting a little to high. $14.99 is half price on an eBook??????
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #19
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I purchased 10 books including some Harry Bosch, Alec Cross, Mitch Rapp also a Nelson Demille, Sandra Brown, Nicholas Sparks, James Patterson, Jill Shalvis, SC Stepehens and the 24 Hour Bookstore one which I'd not heard of but it sounds good

I thank you for posting the sale my wallet doesn't
It isn't everyday we see such big discounts on popular books. Okay I haven't seen it ever to be truthful...B&N has surprised me for once!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 950, 350s, N7, &...
I bought the first volume of the Churchill biography, The Last Lion, which was very attractively priced at $7.50. I wish there had been more non-fiction.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #21
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
No you were not the only one. I find the prices of the ones I might find interesting a little to high. $14.99 is half price on an eBook??????
Apache
I've seen very few over the $10.00 mark, maybe one or less per page on the 34 pages of sale items.

I picked Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall ($4.99) and Bring Up the Bodies ($7.49), in addition to the new Kate Atkinson Life After Life ($7.49) and The Yellow Birds ($5.99) and The Snow Child ($4.99). Now to just find time to read them.

Last edited by scottken; 04-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #22
mitford13
Evangelist
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Fire HDX 8.9
I picked up The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II - was 36 out of 38 on my library's hold list, so that worked out well...

There's some good, current stuff there - latest Ian Rankin, MC Beaton (just released last week), Maisie Dobbs, Louise Penny, DeMille, Cornwell's 1356...the 50% off makes them MMP price for most, which seems like a good deal to me. I also picked up The Light Between Oceans, The American Heiress, The Good House, Wolf Hall and Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald, all for $5-6. Plus a $3.99 A Wrinkle in Time, for no good reason at all...
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #23
Deljah
Enthusiast
Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android tablet
I'm one of those who didn't find anything to buy, but I sure scrolled through all 1,000 books trying!
Deljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #24
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2/DXG, FireHD 8.9, Nexus 7, 10, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I have noticed that many of the "sale" books in the $12-15 range are much higher than Amazon's regular prices. And as others have noted, I recognize many that were already freebies or deeply discounted elsewhere. B&N's pricing is all over the place.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #25
NickyWithNook
Fanatic
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GlowLight, Kindle PW2, iPad 3, Nook Tablet & Color, Rooted STR
Some of them were previously discounted at B&N too, but some of these are recent very popular books that have not been discounted. It's a good sale despite some of the books padding the total. They could have made it half as many books and taken out ones that have had major sales before and it would still be a very good sale. There are several where I've been watching the price at both B&N and Amazon, so I know they weren't on sale before, and there are several that are really new and wouldn't have been discounted earlier.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #26
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
OMG I spent $100 because the Stephanie Plum novels are part of this sale! I knew this day would come! *sniff* Most are $4.92 There are 19 Novels in all and 3 Between the Numbers Novels. I got the omnibus as Amazon cheaper.
Amazon has price match all but Three to Get Deadly. I got that through the B&N. I figure they get some thank you money for this amazing sale!

I am sooo happy!

We are here to help you. We want to help you. We are only thinking of you and your welfare. We meet every day of the week and we are located near you. Come and join us:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138205

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #27
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2/DXG, FireHD 8.9, Nexus 7, 10, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
Some of them were previously discounted at B&N too, but some of these are recent very popular books that have not been discounted. It's a good sale despite some of the books padding the total. They could have made it half as many books and taken out ones that have had major sales before and it would still be a very good sale. There are several where I've been watching the price at both B&N and Amazon, so I know they weren't on sale before, and there are several that are really new and wouldn't have been discounted earlier.
I don't have time to search the entire list again but several come to mind since they have been requested as gifts from friends and I have been watching prices.

Naked Heat - Richard Castle - B&N: $12.49 Amazon: $8.54

Heat Rises - Richard Castle - B&N: $12.99 Amazon: $8.54

and these titles are two years old!

A recent title:

Damascus Countdown - Joel C. Rosenberg - B&N: $13.49 Amazon: $9.45

They must be smoking something.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #28
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I don't have time to search the entire list again but several come to mind since they have been requested as gifts from friends and I have been watching prices.

Naked Heat - Richard Castle - B&N: $12.49 Amazon: $8.54

Heat Rises - Richard Castle - B&N: $12.99 Amazon: $8.54

and these titles are two years old!

A recent title:

Damascus Countdown - Joel C. Rosenberg - B&N: $13.49 Amazon: $9.45

They must be smoking something.

All three titles are available through Overdrive.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #29
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Most of the cookbooks are priced higher than the usual discount (and $3-$5 more than Amazon, for the few I checked in both places).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #30
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
We are here to help you. We want to help you. We are only thinking of you and your welfare. We meet every day of the week and we are located near you. Come and join us:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138205

Don
Thanks but I'm not ready for that. I love buying books it makes me happy. I haven't gone this hog wild though since Fictionwise big coupons days so it's okay. The books I bought I had on my Wishlist since January 2012 when I read the series. It's the only series I've ever read I would spend that much money on. I have a $15 a week book allowance normally.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote