Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #286
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Caught in Amber by Cathy Pegau is on sale for $1.99

All Romance eBooks

Kobo

Barnes & Noble

Amazon

And it's only $1.79 direct from Carina Press
Also at Diesel for $1.21...

Also on sale for $1.99 by the same author (same series)...

Rulebreaker - F/F SciFi Romance -
(careful, it's an April 15 pre-order most places for the sale priced version, some places have the original release still listed for more $$$)
Amazon | Kobo | B&N | ARe | Diesel ($1.21) | Carina ($1.79)
Quote:
Liv Braxton's Felon Rule #1: Don't get emotionally involved.

Smash-and-grab thieving doesn't lend itself to getting chummy with the victims, and Liv hasn't met anyone on the mining colony of Nevarro worth knowing, anyway. So it's easy to follow her Rules.

Until her ex, Tonio, shows up with an invitation to join him on the job of a lifetime.

Until Zia Talbot, the woman she's supposed to deceive, turns Liv's expectations upside down in a way no woman ever has.

Until corporate secrets turn deadly.

But to make things work with Zia, Liv has to do more than break her Rules, and the stakes are higher than just a broken heart...

89,000 words

Deep Deception - F/F SciFi Romance - her newest, out May 27th (pre-order)
Amazon | Kobo | B&N
Quote:
Colonial Mining Authority agent Natalia Hallowell doesn't always play by the rules, but she wouldn't compromise a case either. Put on administrative leave under a cloud of accusation, with no support from her boss, Natalia seeks a little anonymous companionship at her favorite bar. But she's surprised when the woman who catches her fancy starts buying her drinks.

Desperate, Genevieve "Gennie" Caine has no choice but to seduce, drug and tie Natalia to the bed to get her attention. With the Reyes Corporation after something she has, Gennie needs Natalia to open an investigation and distract them long enough for her to get off Nevarro.

Natalia doesn't trust Gennie-despite the growing attraction between them-but the corporation's suspiciously high profits and abnormal business dealings convince her that they must be hiding something. She has no idea just how deep the deceptions run…

For more tales of intrigue on Nevarro, check out Rulebreaker and Caught in Amber, available now!

80,000 words

Last edited by AnemicOak; 04-10-2013 at 10:58 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #287
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Ah I don't think I've ever seen any at all on any of my sources.
I don't hunt it out, but there is quite a bit (I see it on the site I get review copies, now and then).

Basically the same coming of age stories, but with M/M teens.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #288
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I thought, with the serials, you paid one price and then get the episodes as they became available, at no extra cost. At least that's what I take it to mean from this:

This book is a Kindle Serial. Kindle Serials are stories published in episodes, with future episodes delivered at no additional cost. This serial currently contains four episodes out of an estimated seven total episodes, and new episodes will be delivered every week.
This is true of Kindle serials and authors that take advantage of the ability to push updates out as they add chapters.

However, some authors sell a chapter at a time, at 99 cents or so each time. Even on an average size book, you can end up spending $10-$20. And most don't tell you how many parts there are (because they haven't written them -- which means you often buy unedited junk that hasn't been gone over a few times to make it worth reading).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #289
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindlePW + iPad3 + SGP5 + ClipZip
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
However, some authors sell a chapter at a time, at 99 cents or so each time. Even on an average size book, you can end up spending $10-$20. And most don't tell you how many parts there are (because they haven't written them -- which means you often buy unedited junk that hasn't been gone over a few times to make it worth reading).
Oh, I get it now; the authors selling volume 1, volume 2 etc of a story. For some reason I never thought of these as serials but I supposed that's what they really are. I came across a case recently with CHASE: Complete Series. It has 5 parts, and they're selling for $2.99 (!!!) each. For about 27 to 38 pages per part

The complete series went down to $0.99 recently and I bought it (at Kobo with a 25% off coupon ) and Calibre tells me it's less than 32000 words! At a regular price of $4.99! That is just crazy. And it wasn't that good either; I rated it 2 stars on Goodreads
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #290
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 4 Kindles, 2 Kindle Fires, 2 SGPs, Nexus 7 and Fire Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Did you know that some of her other books are in the same world as these?

Her Shadowdwellers are mentioned in a couple of these books, and the offshoot series (Ecstasy, Rapture, Pleasure) actually come before the Adam book.

Then her Forbidden is labeled "World of the Nightwalkers", with another Forever being released this June.

I really liked the Nightwalker books, but I have two complaints about her writing:
  • she is very guilty of telling vs. showing in this series
  • she ultimately made her bad guys so powerful, the good guys really shouldn't have been able to defeat them
Yep I knew there are spin offs just haven't got to them yet. I love the way she tells a story you emotionally connect with not just the h/h but all the secondary characters as well. I didn't find any problems with her method. I also like the way that it looked so hopeless but good always win you know. This is a classic element in alot of fantasy fiction. The whole David and Goliath thing. I mean look at Harry Potter He Who Must Not Be Name was pretty powerful.
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:52 AM   #291
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, Aluratek Libre Pro, Kindle Touch, Galaxy Note 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I have read other books by Allen that were very enjoyable.
This one definitely was. 5 stars, and an extra for the author's refreshing take on

Spoiler:
Jack the Ripper
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:53 AM   #292
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
This is true of Kindle serials and authors that take advantage of the ability to push updates out as they add chapters.

These aren't official serials though. Those Installment romances are ridiculously priced. It looks like once it's complete it goes to $3.99 so it's best to get it at $1.99

Last edited by Blossom; 04-11-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:48 AM   #293
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
The Seven Steps to Closure [Kindle Edition]
Donna Joy Usher (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Seven-Step...154606011_f_13

Quote:
2012 Finalist in the Shirley You Jest! Book Award

Tara Babcock awakes the morning after her 30th birthday with a hangover that could kill an elephant - and the knowledge she is still no closer to achieving closure on her marriage breakup. Things go from bad to worse when she discovers that, not only is her ex-husband engaged to her cousin - Tash, the woman he left her for - but that Jake is also running for Lord Mayor of Sydney.
Desperate to leave the destructive relationship behind and with nothing to lose, she decides- with encouragement from her three best friends - to follow the dubious advice from a magazine article, Closure in Seven Easy Steps.
The Seven Steps to Closure follows Tara on her sometimes disastrous- always hilarious - path to achieve the seemingly impossible.
A credible and amazingly touching debut novel from Donna Joy Usher, this is a solid, light-hearted and honest read with plenty of laughs.

“The Seven Steps to Closure’s heroine, Tara, is an endearing character and her entertaining journey to closure is packed with laughs and plenty of heart.” Tonya Plank, Shirley You Jest! Book Awards judge and author of 'Swallow'.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #294
ib1
noob
ib1 began at the beginning.

Device: nook. kindel
Free kindle book Friday and Saturday

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CAD2T9K
ib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #295
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2, Sony PRST1, [MomsKoboTouch], [DaughtersSSGalaxy Tab2]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I don't like serials. I haven't looked at this one, but for others I've seen, it mostly looks like a way to get more money from readers than they'd get if publishing a single book. 0.99 per two chapters seems inexpensive, until you've paid 20.00 for a 40 chapter poorly edited book!
I whole heartedly agree and I avoid them on principle alone. Unless it was an author I absolutely loved, I refuse to buy them.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #296
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas

Free @ Amazon

Gunslinger by Connie Mason
Historical Western Romance
Formally published by Dorchester 1999
Note: We were just talking about her how awesome is that?!

Texas Homecoming by Leigh Greenwood
(Nightriders 01)
Historical Western Romance
Formally published by Dorchester 2002
Note: I am starting think Ten Talents Press reads our thread.

Here's a link to Ten Talents Press from Low To High some 99 cents books in there too.

Okay doing happy dance here! Maureen McKade has several of her backlist by them. I just bought them all!

Last edited by Blossom; 04-11-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #297
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas

Free @ Amazon

The Corporate Wife
by Leigh Michaels
Harlequin Romance 2000

Leather and Lace by DiAnn Mills
(Texas Legacy 01)
Inspirational Historical Romance
Formally published by Barbour 2006
Kobo Link
Note: Book Two only 99 cents!

Indies:

The One For Me by Rachel Hanna
January Cove Book 1

Faith's Sheriff by Iris Abbott
(Montgomery Family and Friends)

Fallen Angel
by Mona Ingram

A Man for the Summer by Ruby Laska

Last edited by Blossom; 04-11-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #298
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2, Sony PRST1, [MomsKoboTouch], [DaughtersSSGalaxy Tab2]
A free rockstar book! Falling Stars by Sadie Grubor
http://www.amazon.com/Falling-Stars-...=falling+stars
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #299
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
A free rockstar book! Falling Stars by Sadie Grubor
http://www.amazon.com/Falling-Stars-...=falling+stars
It seems I own it but now I got a Rockstar tag next to it.

Last edited by Blossom; 04-11-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: It's time for a new keyboard I think.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #300
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas

Kindle Romance Deal of the Day $0.99

Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband by Melissa Mayhue
(Daughters of the Glen, Book 1)
Pocket Books (2007)
Time Travel Romance

Quote:
SCOTLAND, 1272. Connor MacKiernan, a descendant of the Fae Prince, is a warrior who lives only for honor and duty. Though he's vowed never to marry, that's exactly what he must do to save his sister. Enter a little Faerie magic, and the search for a bride is on.

DENVER, 2007. Caitlyn Coryell is having a really bad day -- she just discovered her fiancé with another woman! Imagine her surprise when she puts on some sexy lingerie and an antique pendant and Connor appears in her bedroom, begging for her help. He offers a simple yet outrageous adventure: travel to his time, marry him, and return home.

But nothing's simple when Cate is trapped in the thirteenth century. The wedding's delayed, someone's trying to kill her, and in the middle of all this, she realizes she's falling in love with a man who can only be her husband for thirty nights.
I've heard of this series and everyone says it's unique. So if you like Time Travel romances for 99 cents for $8 book is a good deal.