Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #361
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Now KOReader has an English changelog here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Changelog

@chrox: thanks for this page
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #362
flashmozzg
Enthusiast
flashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Isn't it time for a second official release?
flashmozzg is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 01-20-2014, 10:36 AM   #363
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashmozzg View Post
Isn't it time for a second official release?
Is it the 22nd Century already ?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #364
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Actually, we're inmidst of cleaning up before an official release: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/468
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #365
whitebearspirit
whitebearspirit began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2013
.fb2 formatting

Hello, dear developers
I have an issue with formatting of .fb2 files (with all of them i tried).

When I open .fb2 file it is shown without any formatting, as plain text.
Then if I open bottom menu and change 'Embedded style' to position 'off', the formatting appears. And when I switch 'Embedded style' again on - nothing changes. See attached screenshots for proof

What I want is that text in my .fb2 files was always formatted. But I have to switch 'Embedded style' off for every new file I want to read.

I have Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2013 with latest firmware.
I open .fb2 books from main screen, with a help of kindle-kpvbooklet-0.5.3
I tried koreader-kindle-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-v2013.03-912-g702d656.zip (last build) and koreader-kindle-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-v2013.03-735-g004d867.zip (>1 month old build). Same result.

I even tried to set crengine.doc.embedded.styles.enabled=0 in \koreader\data\cr3.ini , but it did not help and it was changing back by itself after I use my reader.

I even tried to change program code in \koreader\frontend\ui\data\creoptions.lua but it seems to be useless.

So please help me, i wanna my mother to read .fb2 books formatted by default!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_02_07T17_21_41+0400.png
Views:	101
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	118802   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_02_07T17_23_54+0400.png
Views:	83
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	118803   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_02_07T17_24_03+0400.png
Views:	91
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	118804  
whitebearspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:11 AM   #366
chrox
Connoisseur
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebearspirit View Post
Hello, dear developers
I have an issue with formatting of .fb2 files (with all of them i tried).

When I open .fb2 file it is shown without any formatting, as plain text.
Then if I open bottom menu and change 'Embedded style' to position 'off', the formatting appears. And when I switch 'Embedded style' again on - nothing changes. See attached screenshots for proof

What I want is that text in my .fb2 files was always formatted. But I have to switch 'Embedded style' off for every new file I want to read.

I have Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2013 with latest firmware.
I open .fb2 books from main screen, with a help of kindle-kpvbooklet-0.5.3
I tried koreader-kindle-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-v2013.03-912-g702d656.zip (last build) and koreader-kindle-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-v2013.03-735-g004d867.zip (>1 month old build). Same result.

I even tried to set crengine.doc.embedded.styles.enabled=0 in \koreader\data\cr3.ini , but it did not help and it was changing back by itself after I use my reader.

I even tried to change program code in \koreader\frontend\ui\data\creoptions.lua but it seems to be useless.

So please help me, i wanna my mother to read .fb2 books formatted by default!
Fixed in https://github.com/chrox/koreader/co...009d9081c85767
chrox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #367
whitebearspirit
whitebearspirit began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrox View Post
Thank you so much for fast response!
It works!
whitebearspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:02 AM   #368
mmjoshi
Enthusiast
mmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle Touch
KOReader customization

It seems that lot of customization of KOReader is possible by changing parameters in different configuration files. Showing the battery %, clock in the statusbar are couple of possibilities. Is there a consolidated list of such possible modifications along with the parameters that need to be changed?

mj
mmjoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #369
bookzLove
bookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW1
.mobi is broken in the latest build.
bookzLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #370
bv217
bv217 began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2012
Hi!
Are you planning to make the menu “frontlight settings” more usable?

Do you plan to feature in the list of files to display information from the header of the book and not the file name?
bv217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #371
chrox
Connoisseur
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookzLove View Post
.mobi is broken in the latest build.
Will be fixed in next nightly build. :P

See https://github.com/koreader/crengine...c74a5fce037d1e
Old 02-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #372
chrox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjoshi View Post
It seems that lot of customization of KOReader is possible by changing parameters in different configuration files. Showing the battery %, clock in the statusbar are couple of possibilities. Is there a consolidated list of such possible modifications along with the parameters that need to be changed?

mj
When it's ready it will be available at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki. :P
Old 02-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #373
soulafein
Enthusiast
soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
Hi. One question - several books in epub that have built-in fonts don't use them It's a bug or something ??
soulafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:29 PM   #374
chrox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulafein View Post
Hi. One question - several books in epub that have built-in fonts don't use them It's a bug or something ??
Embeded fonts ought to be used by default, with embeded style sheet on. If they are not, probably it's a bug in koreader. But there is also some possibility that the epub file has wrong css definitions. So without the document we just cannot tell.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #375
chrox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bv217 View Post
Hi!
Are you planning to make the menu “frontlight settings” more usable?

Do you plan to feature in the list of files to display information from the header of the book and not the file name?
A more graphic widget for "frontlight intensity setting" will be added in the future.

Displaying book metadata in file manager is a good idea, but it need some time to be implemented.

BTW, feature request will be tracked better in issues list of koreader project at https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ted&state=open.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch