Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #1
idoit
hub
idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Archived Items doesn't work?!

Ok. So I have two Goteburg books that I want to read. They are in mobi format. I send them to my Kindle using "Send to Kindle"... They neither get delivered nor can I find them using "Archived Items" in my Kindle!!! What's going on?

They show up in my Amazon.com/myk and I have to painfully go there and use deliver to... Why doesn't my Kindle see them?
idoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
Ok. So I have two Goteburg books that I want to read. They are in mobi format. I send them to my Kindle using "Send to Kindle"... They neither get delivered nor can I find them using "Archived Items" in my Kindle!!! What's going on?

They show up in my Amazon.com/myk and I have to painfully go there and use deliver to... Why doesn't my Kindle see them?
In the dropdown menu on the home screen, change from "Books" to either "All Items" or "Docs"

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
idoit
hub
idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
In the dropdown menu on the home screen, change from "Books" to either "All Items" or "Docs"

Shari
As I said... I see them on my Amazon.com/myk. The issue is that they are not delivered to my Kindle and when I search on my Kindle, they don't show up as a result in the Archived Items!
Old 08-24-2015, 02:46 PM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPhone 5S, Voyage, IPad Air 2, PW2
Are you requesting it to be delivered to your kindle, and do you have your kindle online with the wifi on or with the 3g enabled.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
As I said... I see them on my Amazon.com/myk. The issue is that they are not delivered to my Kindle and when I search on my Kindle, they don't show up as a result in the Archived Items!
I'm not talking about the dropdown on the Amazon.com/myk website, I'm talking about the dropdown on your Kindle's home screen.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:59 PM   #6
idoit
hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I'm not talking about the dropdown on the Amazon.com/myk website, I'm talking about the dropdown on your Kindle's home screen.

Shari
I have switched to All, no trace of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
Are you requesting it to be delivered to your kindle, and do you have your kindle online with the wifi on or with the 3g enabled.
WiFi on my K3 WiFi only.
I simply even don't see them in the Archived Item.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK then I would say for some reason they never got to your kindle cloud. I have had that to happen if they were the wrong format, or there was something wrong with the ebook.
I have always gotten an email notice that there was something wrong with the document that I emailed to my kindle.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:29 PM   #8
idoit
hub

Quote:
OK then I would say for some reason they never got to your kindle cloud. I have had that to happen if they were the wrong format, or there was something wrong with the ebook.
I have always gotten an email notice that there was something wrong with the document that I emailed to my kindle.
What puzzles me is that, for both my mobi Goteburg books, I receive email that they are successfully delivered. Which they are but to my MYK on the web not my Kindle!!! Arrghhhhh.

EDIT: I have used both Calibre send to email and Official Amazon Send to Kindle. They both put me down!

Last edited by idoit; 08-24-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:44 PM   #9
cvkemp
Loving life

Are you saying you are trying to send a document, which is what even an ebook is to your kindle cloud reader, is so I believe that is almost the same as kindle for pc. And your documents will not show up there or at least my documents never show up on my kindle for pc.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #10
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Are you saying you are trying to send a document, which is what even an ebook is to your kindle cloud reader, is so I believe that is almost the same as kindle for pc. And your documents will not show up there or at least my documents never show up on my kindle for pc.
"Send to Kindle" documents won't show up on Kindle4PC.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:03 PM   #11
cvkemp
Loving life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
"Send to Kindle" documents won't show up on Kindle4PC.
True and I do not believe they will on kindle in the cloud either.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:07 PM   #12
idoit
hub

@cvkemp, @TimW, @cvkemp: No, I don't use Kindle for PC. I have an Android phone with Kindle app and a Kindle 3 WiFi. That's it. When I send document to my Kindle 3 WiFi email but it doesn't show up! I have to go to Amazon.com/myk and click on Deliver to K3.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #13
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
@cvkemp, @TimW, @cvkemp: No, I don't use Kindle for PC. I have an Android phone with Kindle app and a Kindle 3 WiFi. That's it. When I send document to my Kindle 3 WiFi email but it doesn't show up! I have to go to Amazon.com/myk and click on Deliver to K3.
I understand the problem, I've had a similar experience with sporadic deliveries using Send to Kindle. It's been doing that for at least a few months. I'm uncertain as to why. Perhaps an email to kindle-feedback@amazon.com would be helpful.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:19 PM   #14
cvkemp
Loving life

OK it sounds like that you are email it to your kindle app of the phone, Then yes you more than likely have to have it delivered to the kindle device. On my voyage I can change my view on my home screen so I can see the docs in the cloud. I do not know if that is available on the kindle 3. I do know you can see the doc on a kindle app for android. I might suggest to send the doc to the kindle 3 then use the kindle app, and go to docs on the cloud and download it to the app.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #15
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I have no help but I have had the same thing happen with trying to send an Amazon book to a second device. I get the successful screen but it may or may not actually get there. Had to do the same thing you did.
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote