Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
smirkin
smirkin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
DRM removal doesn't work after upgrading Kindle device

Today I tried to download an Amazon book I had purchased, and convert it with Calibre. It's giving me a DRM error.

I recently upgraded Calibre, so I checked for an updated version of the plugin. I uninstalled the old plugin and installed the new one. It's still not working.

I don't have a problem converting DRM'd epubs, just books from Amazon.

I uninstalled the Calibre plugin, uninstalled Kindle for Mac, reinstalled Kindle for Mac and registered it with my existing Amazon account, then reinstalled the Calibre plugin. Still not working.

The only other change I've done other than upgrading Calibre recently, is that I bought a Kindle Paperwhite 2 and de-registered my Kindle Keyboard. Could the issue be related to this?
smirkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirkin View Post
Today I tried to download an Amazon book I had purchased, and convert it with Calibre. It's giving me a DRM error.

I recently upgraded Calibre, so I checked for an updated version of the plugin. I uninstalled the old plugin and installed the new one. It's still not working.

I don't have a problem converting DRM'd epubs, just books from Amazon.

I uninstalled the Calibre plugin, uninstalled Kindle for Mac, reinstalled Kindle for Mac and registered it with my existing Amazon account, then reinstalled the Calibre plugin. Still not working.

The only other change I've done other than upgrading Calibre recently, is that I bought a Kindle Paperwhite 2 and de-registered my Kindle Keyboard. Could the issue be related to this?
Another thread mentioned that 'Tools' have become broken with the latest Calibre.
Go back to 2.11
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Wizard
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura HD, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy Tab3 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Another thread mentioned that 'Tools' have become broken with the latest Calibre.
Go back to 2.11
Really? I have 2.12, tools and all working, even with B&N.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #4
smirkin
smirkin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I figured it out. I was downloading the file directly from Amazon, and needed to go into the plugin and add the serial number of my new Kindle.
smirkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Wizard
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura HD, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy Tab3 8
Glad you've figured it out.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #6
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The other thread, if it's the one I am thinking of, said that the random failure rate increased dramatically. Since I have never noticed failures, I can't comment.

Kovid did just commit code to be "more robust against buggy Filetype plugins on book import", and I am not actually aware of any other filetype plugins...
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Why are folks being evasive - pretty sure that this is the threat to which theducks and eschwartz allude - Import on Filename changes mid import due to book error

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #8
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Why are folks being evasive - pretty sure that this is the threat to which theducks and eschwartz allude - Import on Filename changes mid import due to book error

BR
Evasive ?
I was being Lazy Figured if they really were interested, they could do the search.
Knowing a tread exists is half the battle
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #9
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

BR
Because I hadn't seen that thread yet. I have been very lax in the last week or two about scanning every thread... I must be mechazeik myself...
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote