Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-13-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
alaskagrown
alaskagrown began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets with Moon+reader and Aldiko
Please help: Moon+ Reader Pro's image zoom

I MUST be missing something. I am so frustrated with Moon+ Reader right now. I use a lot of books with small pictures in line with text: Harry Potter, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, etc. Whenever a picture is large enough to cover most of a screen, trying to turn the page results in MoonReader popping up a round blue zoom button. Tapping the screen again takes me SOMEWHERE IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE, which might be my ... gallery? or the image viewer in moon reader. It looks like a gallery; black background with all the images in the book lined up at the bottom. Getting out of it requires a lot of backing up.

It is SO frustrating, and some of the kids that use my devices just aren't savvy enough to figure out what to do.

Can I turn off the image viewer? Do I just have to change the page turning controls? It's pretty annoying to set the controls to buttons, because my motorola xoom doesn't really have any buttons to speak of.

Thanks for any help in advance!
alaskagrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
alaskagrown

Is anyone having the same problem? If it's only me, maybe it's a device issue...
Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #3
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
You aren't alone. I love Moon Reader, but it does have some quirks, and this is one of them. I read a lot of historical fiction and biography with maps, and have yet to figure out how to get the zoom to work.

The developer is very nice and responsive, so you might want to email him. I will as well.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
alaskagrown

Thanks for that advice! I'll write him.