Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 02-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
4,000 e-book uploads? Yup, 4,000 uploads!

We can scarcely believe it ourselves, but this week we've past the 4,000 uploads mark in our e-book section! Big thanks to everyone out there who has been involved in the project and who has been so meticulously converting, formatting and sharing with us some of the most outstanding literary works of human history.

My utmost respect!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Another great milesone! Thank you! Thank you!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I want to reiterate the THANK YOU!!! for those who upload books here. So far, I'm only a "taker" and I *greatly* appreciate having so many books to choose from!!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Move over Sony and Amazon! Okay, not quite yet. But see the attached plot of total MR uploads over time since the first was posted on Nov. 12, 2006. Thank you all. I note that our five stars (Patricia, RWood, Madam Broshkina, HarryT, and Dr. Drib) are personally responsible for 3085 of them (over 76%).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled2.gif
Views:	946
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	10534  
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
a great library, thanks to all those who made it possible
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
allen.gotwald
Advocate
allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: SONY PRS-505 and Nook Color
This website is a treasure. The best ebook website on the net for 505 friendly bbeb format books and general info. Biggest fear? As ebooks become more popular the site will become gargantuan and lose the personal flavor I enjoy. There's a reason you've grown from 1k books to 4k books in a few months...demand! Consider by June you'll likely pass 8k and become THE definitive e-reader site for books.
allen.gotwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:31 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen.gotwald View Post
This website is a treasure. The best ebook website on the net for 505 friendly bbeb format books and general info. Biggest fear? As ebooks become more popular the site will become gargantuan and lose the personal flavor I enjoy. There's a reason you've grown from 1k books to 4k books in a few months...demand! Consider by June you'll likely pass 8k and become THE definitive e-reader site for books.
It is not demand but dedication that gets eBooks made. Appreciation helps. Its kind of like the movie where the guy built a baseball field and in so doing it caused people to come to play. Providing an outlet for eBook exchange of books that folks want to make for themselves is contagious.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:46 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The best way for people to say "thank you" is to upload a few books themselves. It's easy and fun to do. There are a number of tutorials on this site which explain exactly how to do it. It would be nice to see books from more people than the handful who are contributing them at present.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
I keep getting more impressed with this site. However, I'm starting to be a little frustrated with so many titles--I know what a good many of them are as far as caregory; but so many I don't.

Is it time to start thinking in terms of adding a column to the Downloads/Uploads the gives a category or categories? Maybe tags of some sort? Say, up to three per book: Science Fiction, Mystery. Literature, Classic, Greek.

I wouldn't know how this could be done, or even if anyone else thinks this is important. But--4K books, and just getting started. Wow.
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
lhdz12@sbcglobal
lhdz12@sbcglobal began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ebook 505
Thanks for everyone's hard work on the uploads....I would love to upload most of my books unfortunately they are converted .lit books to .lrf which are still in copyright...I have a lot of John Grisham and James Patterson books I would love to share....
is there anyway we could sardine all 4,000 books onto a 4 gb card.....just kidding...
lhdz12@sbcglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #11
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh, Why Not? View Post
I keep getting more impressed with this site. However, I'm starting to be a little frustrated with so many titles--I know what a good many of them are as far as caregory; but so many I don't.
Around Christmas time, BenG created a terrific list of the ebooks by genre and posted it in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=genre
I don't know if this is being updated but it would at least tell you about the books available up to that time.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #12
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Thank you vivaldirules. As usual I miss the important stuff.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Thank you vivaldirules. As usual I miss the important stuff.
No problem. It's easy to miss since I don't think it's an "official" feature yet and so isn't posted in any obvious spot. I had completely forgotten about it until you mentioned the subject.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:39 AM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Is it time to start thinking in terms of adding a column to the Downloads/Uploads the gives a category or categories? Maybe tags of some sort? Say, up to three per book: Science Fiction, Mystery. Literature, Classic, Greek.
It's planned.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #15
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie

Great!