Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The biggest downside of the Nook is of course that it's only sold in the US. It's really therefore not a practical option for the overwhelming majority of people.
Nook has also been being sold in the UK for a while now.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #17
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, T2; KPW2; iPad Mini Retina; Nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The biggest downside of the Nook is of course that it's only sold in the US. It's really therefore not a practical option for the overwhelming majority of people.
The Nook is also sold in the UK. Here is a list of retailers:

http://uk.nook.com/retailers
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 03-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #18
markom
Addict
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
I appreciate all suggestions regardless, so thanks for chiming in.

I did mean folders at the storage level though, so the Kindle isn't really an option for me. I also only own ePubs, so a reader which accepts that format is pretty much a must. Format conversion is easy with Calibre of course, but even so there's always that small percentage of books which don't convert well and have to be fiddled with extensively in order to work properly again.

Added to that I just never buy devices which attempt to lock me into a specific ecosystem.
You can install kindlepdfviewer on kindle and read epub, cbz, djvu without conversion.

Kindlepdfviewer is also a much better pdf reader than native one and it allows folders.

There is no kindlepdfviewer for paperwhite at the moment, though.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157047

Last edited by markom; 03-19-2013 at 04:53 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote