|03-10-2013, 12:52 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2013
Device: Kindle Youch
Hi, I am new to the forum and this my first post.
I gifted my aunt a kindle touch. She lives in the Philippines while I live on the U.S. She's an old lady and not tech savvy at all. So I manage her Amazon account. I have my own Amazon account. I usually just gift her books from my Amazon account to her email address. I wanted to gift her a subscrition to readers digest, but I cannot do it the same way I do it with books. I have to use my credit card in her Amazon account and she has to order the subscription from her account. So fine, I did it. Not so fast, the magazine will not download to her kindle unless I pay a $4.99/week fee because the device resides on the Philippines. I don't want to pay $4.99/week to get a $1.50 monthly magazine. Questions:
1. Does changing the country setting to "Philippines" save me the weekly fee?
2. There is no way around the weekly fee because RD is a U.S. magazine and the device is in the Philippines?
3. Is there an international version of Readers Digest?
4. Do I need to use a Philippine based credit card in order not to pay the fee?
5. If I set kindle's country setting to Philipines, will that prevent me from gifting My aunt books I order from my amazon-U.S. account?
|03-10-2013, 11:26 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West Gardiner, Maine
Device: Touch (5.3.7)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Change country setting for Kindle||bonjurkes||Amazon Kindle||4||04-25-2012 08:03 AM|
|Using in another country||weamish||Amazon Kindle||7||04-08-2011 09:19 PM|
|What Country are you from?||desertgrandma||Lounge||514||11-26-2010 01:35 AM|
|iPad When will it be available in my country?||Over||Apple Devices||9||07-11-2010 10:22 AM|
|Country setting in Reader Store||lostatsea||Sony Reader||7||05-13-2010 08:48 PM|