Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Exclamation For T1 owners..

Like most T1 owners I get the occasional screen flashing/circling arrows of death when reading a book needing a reset etc ... I noticed that a regular power recycle seemed to cut down on these occurrences so just as an experiment I started powering off at night rather than just putting the thing to sleep.. the result is that since doing this.. a month in, I have had no problems and as a bonus my battery life has been extended dunno if it is just coincidence but if you are getting frequent problems you might want to try it can't do any harm and it zaps any crap that may be running in the background eating the battery ...
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
4691mls
Fanatic
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I typically have to completely shut down and restart the T1 about once per recharge cycle because I start getting "force close" errors when using the dictionary. Once I've powered off and restarted, I can then just use sleep mode without getting the "force close" error again until sometime after the next recharge.

I don't get the arrows of death thing very often. When I do get the arrows of death, it often happens again within a short period of time (the same day), then I can go weeks without it.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
I'm using a T1 and I've not gotten a circling arrows while reading.

I might give shutting off every other night and see how long it lasts before needing recharging.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Yeah the power recycle seems to cure a lot of ills... I have noticed that the circling arrows of death/screen flashing occurs when I impatiently tap the screen numerous times when the response is slow might be the input buffer getting jammed up or overflowing causing that problem.. or maybe not lol
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:08 AM   #5
Ghitulescu
Connoisseur
Ghitulescu can do the Funky Gibbon.Ghitulescu can do the Funky Gibbon.Ghitulescu can do the Funky Gibbon.Ghitulescu can do the Funky Gibbon.Ghitulescu can do the Funky Gibbon.Ghitulescu can do the Funky Gibbon.Ghitulescu can do the Funky Gibbon.Ghitulescu can do the Funky Gibbon.Ghitulescu can do the Funky Gibbon.Ghitulescu can do the Funky Gibbon.Ghitulescu can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: PRS-T1
It may be that some books use extensive or even bad formatting and therefore T1 may get into loops.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:13 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Sometimes when you have an excess of CSS classes, you can cause a slowdown as the reading software has to plow through the CSS to then know how to parse the XML. In all of my eBooks I read, I remove extra styles and there can be a lot of them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote