Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #1
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ewandeep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ewandeep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ewandeep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
update firmware isn't complete

I bought a used PRS-950 and try to install PRS-plus, but the installer required to upgrade the firmware 1.0.00.09300 to version 2.0.00.11300.

However, when I try to update the procedure terminate with the message
"update isn't complete"
and I have the old firmware.
I repeated the procedure more times as suggested in the sony website, but nothing change.
Any ideas?
Unfortunately I cannot install prs-plus without first updating the reader.
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:25 AM   #2
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ewandeep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ewandeep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ewandeep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

up, any ideas?

Advertisement
Old 10-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
petercreasey
Fanatic
petercreasey reads XML... blindfoldedpetercreasey reads XML... blindfoldedpetercreasey reads XML... blindfoldedpetercreasey reads XML... blindfoldedpetercreasey reads XML... blindfoldedpetercreasey reads XML... blindfoldedpetercreasey reads XML... blindfoldedpetercreasey reads XML... blindfoldedpetercreasey reads XML... blindfoldedpetercreasey reads XML... blindfoldedpetercreasey reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1
I don't know what PRS-plus is, but I have not messed with the basic setup on my 950s and am glad that I haven't.

. . . . . Pete
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS950, T1, T2, iPad, Nook
Try a different computer? Tried de-authorizing and resetting the 950 before the update?
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:23 AM   #5
ewandeep
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVA View Post
Try a different computer? Tried de-authorizing and resetting the 950 before the update?
Thanks, I tried a different computer and resetting and restoring, but nothing to do.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:24 AM   #6
ewandeep
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
I don't know what PRS-plus is, but I have not messed with the basic setup on my 950s and am glad that I haven't.

. . . . . Pete
Sorry, I want to update the firmware to go with PRS-plus, but the problem is not related to pros-plus, which I strongly recommend.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #7
JKenP
Enthusiast
JKenP will become famous soon enoughJKenP will become famous soon enoughJKenP will become famous soon enoughJKenP will become famous soon enoughJKenP will become famous soon enoughJKenP will become famous soon enough

Device: nook
My refurbished 950 arrived yesterday with the same V-1 software. I upgraded it this morning without problem. You might try downloading again. I got my copy from their site and note that there are different/specific versions for O/S version. I needed the Win7-64 for my system.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...d#/downloadTab
JKenP is offline   Reply With Quote