Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #391
Wels1k
Wels1k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
to acid web

do you read what i wrote early?

well, i download pictures , then i put them into an archive (rar) and zip too(not helping), and after that , i open kcc and add my archive into this programm(с)

so after your words, how the archive can be broken?
it's working( well i think so )
but you can correct me , if i'm not right
Wels1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #392
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
One of files inside archive not archive itself is broken.

That error window tell you exactly which file inside archive is broken.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 01-28-2014 at 01:06 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #393
Wels1k
Wels1k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
now i see
thank you very much!
Wels1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #394
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 4.0 is out!
This release have major internal changes and I'm quite sure I missed some bugs.
So please report any problems.
  • KCC now use Python 3.3 and Qt 5.2
  • Full UTF-8 awareness
  • CBZ output now support Manga mode
  • Improved Panel View support and margin color detection
  • Added drag&drop support
  • Output directory can be now selected
  • Windows release now have auto-updater
  • Names of chapters on Kindle should be now more user friendly
  • Fixed OSX file association support
  • Many extensive internal changes and tweaks
Old 01-29-2014, 09:34 PM   #395
greenapple
Addict
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
The image split and order issue for reading mangas on kobo aura has been solved (by choosing cbz format and manga mode)! This program is brilliant!
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:28 AM   #396
beedaddy
Enthusiast
beedaddy doesn't litterbeedaddy doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision (not yet)
I'm new to this tool and just installed it. I tried to add a folder with gif images and convert it for the Kobo Aura. I get this error:
Quote:
One of workers crashed. Cause: Cannot write image in directory /tmp/KCC-TMP-5da99t/OEBPS/Images/: encoder jpeg not available

Traceback:
[' File "./kcc/kcc/KCC_gui.py", line 438, in run\n outputPath = comic2ebook.main(jobargv, self)\n', ' File "./kcc/kcc/comic2ebook.py", line 960, in main\n dirImgProcess(path + "/OEBPS/Images/")\n', ' File "./kcc/kcc/comic2ebook.py", line 346, in dirImgProcess\n raise RuntimeError("One of workers crashed. Cause: " + workerOutput[0])\n']
Any idea what the problem might be (encoder jpeg not available)?

Oh, and when I go to the Advanced tab and check "PNG output" it starts processing the images but then I get the following error:
Quote:
global name 'unicode' is not defined

Traceback:
[' File "./kcc/kcc/KCC_gui.py", line 438, in run\n outputPath = comic2ebook.main(jobargv, self)\n', ' File "./kcc/kcc/comic2ebook.py", line 963, in main\n chapterNames = sanitizeTree(os.path.join(path, \'OEBPS\', \'Images\'))\n', ' File "./kcc/kcc/comic2ebook.py", line 664, in sanitizeTree\n slugified = slugify(splitname[0])\n', ' File "./kcc/kcc/comic2ebook.py", line 651, in slugify\n value = slugifyExt(value)\n', ' File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/slugify-0.0.1-py3.3.egg/slugify.py", line 24, in slugify\n unicode(\n']
Thanks for any help!
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:32 AM   #397
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I guess you are using Linux?

Your dependencies are completly messed up. For example: Pillow is compiled without jpeg support.

Please consult README and install/reinstall proper packages.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 01-31-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:58 AM   #398
beedaddy
Enthusiast
beedaddy doesn't litterbeedaddy doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision (not yet)
Yes, Linux. I wouldn't say completely messed up. I just had to install the proper jpeg-devel package and re-install Pillow with easy_install. Thanks for the hint!

EDIT: Oh and the second problem was due to an outdated slugify version.

Last edited by beedaddy; 01-31-2014 at 05:40 AM.
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:26 PM   #399
willystyles
willystyles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
First off thank you for an awesome program, I was able to successfully convert a few books and they look great! Recently though I've been having issues.

I've looked through some of the previous pages and haven't been able to find my exact error, I see that it's referencing a specific page of the book I'm trying to convert so is it just a corrupt file or is there something I'm doing wrong? I keep getting the following.

One of workers crashed. Cause: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process c:\\users\\mycomp\\appdata\\local\\temp\\KCC-TMP\yrlw98/OEBPS/Images/Fairy Tail Vol 3\\Fairy Tail Vol 3 Ch14_002.png

Traceback:
[' File:C:\\Users\\AcidWeb\\Documents\\Projekty\\KCC\ kcc\KCC_gui.py" line 438, in run\n', ' File "C:\\UsersAcidWeb\\Documents\\Projekty\\KCC\\kcc\c omic2ebook.py", line 346, in dirImgProcess\n']

Last edited by willystyles; 01-31-2014 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Forgot my manners
willystyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:45 PM   #400
pauleibye
pauleibye began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyles View Post
First off thank you for an awesome program, I was able to successfully convert a few books and they look great! Recently though I've been having issues.

I've looked through some of the previous pages and haven't been able to find my exact error, I see that it's referencing a specific page of the book I'm trying to convert so is it just a corrupt file or is there something I'm doing wrong? I keep getting the following.

One of workers crashed. Cause: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process c:\\users\\mycomp\\appdata\\local\\temp\\KCC-TMP\yrlw98/OEBPS/Images/Fairy Tail Vol 3\\Fairy Tail Vol 3 Ch14_002.png

Traceback:
[' File:C:\\Users\\AcidWeb\\Documents\\Projekty\\KCC\ kcc\KCC_gui.py" line 438, in run\n', ' File "C:\\UsersAcidWeb\\Documents\\Projekty\\KCC\\kcc\c omic2ebook.py", line 346, in dirImgProcess\n']
I have been getting this same error. I've looked through all of my images and tried all output formats as well as input file types, compressed and uncompressed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm going to try an older version
pauleibye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:13 AM   #401
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Hmmm... I was quite sure that bug was fixed. That is not fault of files.

Expect hotfix when I find the cause.

EDIT:
Well I can't replicate this error anymore.
@willystyles, @pauleibye - Try this version: http://pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/exe.win-amd64-3.3.zip
It still should crash but error will be different. Paste it here.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 02-01-2014 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:18 AM   #402
pauleibye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Hmmm... I was quite sure that bug was fixed. That is not fault of files.

Expect hotfix when I find the cause.

EDIT:
Well I can't replicate this error anymore.
@willystyles, @pauleibye - Try this version: http://pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/exe.win-amd64-3.3.zip
It still should crash but error will be different. Paste it here.
The only thing that changed was the quote after the "One of the workers crashed..." Instead of showing one of the png images that I had selected it now says that te cause of the crash is comic2ebook.py from the kcc folder in my documents folder. If you want I can type out the whole error window

Also, it makes me very happy that you guys have responded so quickly. Once I get this working I plan on being a dedicated user. You guys obviously care about this shit
Old 02-01-2014, 05:20 AM   #403
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Yes please paste entire error. Ctrl+C is working in that window.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:24 AM   #404
pauleibye

---------------------------
KCC - Error
Error during conversion C:\Users\paaul\Desktop\Manga:

One of workers crashed. Cause: [' File "C:\\Users\\AcidWeb\\Documents\\Projekty\\KCC\\kcc \\comic2ebook.py", line 408, in fileImgProcess\n']

Traceback:
[' File "C:\\Users\\AcidWeb\\Documents\\Projekty\\KCC\\kcc \\KCC_gui.py", line 438, in run\n', ' File "C:\\Users\\AcidWeb\\Documents\\Projekty\\KCC\\kcc \\comic2ebook.py", line 961, in main\n', ' File "C:\\Users\\AcidWeb\\Documents\\Projekty\\KCC\\kcc \\comic2ebook.py", line 347, in dirImgProcess\n']
OK
Old 02-01-2014, 05:34 AM   #405
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

OK. It crash exactly in middle of code that should fix this issue. Fun part - That fix is working for me.
So currently I'm trying to fix it blind.

Try once more with this version: http://pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/exe.win-amd64-3.3.zip

Use the same options and files. Paste error.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 02-01-2014 at 05:38 AM.

Tags
k5 tools, kindle tools