Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: What's the maximum number of books you would load on your Kindle at one time before s
5 0 0%
10 0 0%
20 0 0%
30 0 0%
50 1 33.33%
75 0 0%
100 0 0%
150 0 0%
200 1 33.33%
300 0 0%
500 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old Today, 12:08 AM   #1
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: newbie Kindle Voyage, oldbie Sony T2
Maximum number books to load on Kindle at one time?

What's the maximum number of books you would load on your Kindle at one time before stopping and waiting for indexing to finish before adding more books?

(I ask because indexing sometimes takes a long time and I don't want to overload my Kindle.)

Thank you.
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:31 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 1, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
What's the maximum number of books you would load on your Kindle at one time before stopping and waiting for indexing to finish before adding more books?

(I ask because indexing sometimes takes a long time and I don't want to overload my Kindle.)

Thank you.
If you are going to add in a lot of eBooks in one go, plug in the Kindle so it won't run out of battery.

Same goes for Kobo Readers and some Sony Readers as they all do some work on the eBooks loaded and that can drain the battery or lower it enough that you'll want to charge the device.

The most I've ever loaded on a Reader at one time was about 125 eBooks in one go. That was switching from the 650 to the T1 and when I switched from the T1 to the H2O, that was 119 eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:13 AM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo, PW2
I've loaded about 400-500 books at once and it wasn't a problem. Yes, you have to wait for indexing, but whether you wait it out all at once or in spurts still adds up to the same amount of time.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote