Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-16-2016, 01:54 PM   #1
radamo
Groupie
radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Solution to Covers not showing?

My source files are epub books that I have in Calibre. I have tried several methods of loading them onto my Kindle.
1. Create mobi (both) from my epub and email to Kindle. Able to load to iphone and iPad from the cloud and both iPad and iPhone can stay in sync to latest page and covers show for all books on the iDevices but only some of them in my Kindle.
2. Create azw3 from my epub and sideload
I have found that if I create an AZW3 and sideload via USB to my Kindle Voyage the cover of the book shows just fine. But then I can't get the same azw3 loaded on the the iDevices so I do not get pages to sync.

This is not rocket science why are these files/devices not playing along?

I know, closed ecosystems... but there has to be a way to do this.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:30 PM   #2
radamo
Groupie
radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Also noticing no matter whether use [PDOC] or [EBOK] also tried [EBOC] this one epub converted to mobi shows as a DOC.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:30 PM   #3
jhowell
Guru
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle PW2, Nexus 7, Fire 5th Gen
Along with your method #1 you can fix the missing thumbnail problem by using the ExtractCoverThumbs program, available here. That is what I do.

ETA: Anything you send via email will become a personal document (PDOC) when delivered to devices.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:54 PM   #4
radamo
Groupie

I had seen this but I am not sure how to use it yet... let me review a bit. I think I have python installed but not clear on the exact usage of this.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:57 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Let me get you to the correct place for python questions.
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #6
radamo
Groupie

I just installed python according to the link jhowell sent. I can't seem to run the ExtractThumbs yet... searching for solutions
Old 09-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #7
radamo
Groupie

GOT IT!!!! Awesome... thanks!!!