Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #1
henders254
henders254 began at the beginning.

Device: None at the moment
KPW1 battery replacement

I'm still using my KPW1 released in 2012. Wondering when should I replace the battery (I'll get a third-party to do it in my country). I suddenly don't want it to die on me. I use it couple of hours every day and charge it once every 10 days or so.

If the battery is glued and cannot be replaced, I might get a voyage instead or voyage 2 if it ever comes out.
henders254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
You can find a video that shows the battery replacement process here:

https://www.newpower99.com/Amazon_Ki...dle%20b01b.htm
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6, MS Surface Pro, N7
The PW1's battery isn't glued in place, unlike some other Kindle models, so it's pretty easy to replace.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #4
barryem
Evangelist
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2
I have all three Paperwhite models and a Voyage. I know the PW3 and the Voyage get shorter battery life but I can't really tell it from normal use. I also can't tell the difference in my Paperwhite 1 and 2's battery life.

I've been getting Kindles since the Kindle Keyboard first came out and all those old Kindles are in the hands of friends now and all still get great battery life. If your battery seems fine I don't think it's time to panic. It'll probably last years more.

Of course you never know but I'd say the odds are very good.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote