Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Sir, my update ate my kindle

I really hate the new update. Two problems, first books are missing, I can still see them on my voyage device in calibre, but they will not show on my voyage. All the missing books where loaded via calibre. Most books loaded via calibre show on voyage. Second it has changed my home page view, and I can not work out how to make it the same as before the update. My old view showed only books physically on the voyage in this order, all collections with the books in them, and any books not in collections followed.
I know I must be missing something obvious, but need a kick in the right direction.

thanks
applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:07 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Are you looking at ALL or Downloaded on the device?
It sounds like it switched to ALL.
All is just All from Amazon.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I really hate the new update. Two problems, first books are missing, I can still see them on my voyage device in calibre, but they will not show on my voyage. All the missing books where loaded via calibre. Most books loaded via calibre show on voyage. Second it has changed my home page view, and I can not work out how to make it the same as before the update. My old view showed only books physically on the voyage in this order, all collections with the books in them, and any books not in collections followed.
I know I must be missing something obvious, but need a kick in the right direction.
In the selectors at the top left of the library page, select "All" in the first one, and "Downloaded" in the second. Everything will then be as it was before.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis; Kobo Aura One; iPad Pro 9.7
To switch what the home page looks like go to Settings > Device Options > Personalize your Kindle > Advanced Options. Then you will see an on/off choice for Home Screen View. Select off to look the old way.

I sort my library similar to how you described. I select Books as the items to sort and Collections as the order from the drop down option lists in the Library view.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you my view is now correct. I am still missing books. I have rebooted, still books missing. I have also tried search and they do not show on that. Yet I plug it into my computer and th missing books show on device in calibre.

thank you
applesauce
Old 08-09-2016, 11:24 AM   #6
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
thank you my view is now correct. I am still missing books. I have rebooted, still books missing. I have also tried search and they do not show on that. Yet I plug it into my computer and th missing books show on device in calibre.

thank you
applesauce
It should look like the attached picture.

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Downloaded.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	150774  
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:29 PM   #7
applesauce
Addict

Thank you everybody, as usual mobilereads comes to the rescue. I now have my view back, and I ended up deleting the books via calibre then reloaded them.

Big Thanks

applesauce
Old 12-02-2016, 06:45 AM   #8
dumberock
dumberock began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2
Are the "advanced options" available only on registered kindles ?
I don't have that choice anywhere on my PW (firmware 5.8.2), all I see is device passcode/device time/language and dictionnaries...
dumberock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #9
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad 3, Galaxy Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumberock View Post
Are the "advanced options" available only on registered kindles ?
I don't have that choice anywhere on my PW (firmware 5.8.2), all I see is device passcode/device time/language and dictionnaries...
Yes you need to register it first.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote