Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #1
radamo
Groupie
radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Voyage
How to get goodreads to update

What am I doing wrong? I am loading my Kindle with books and when I start one I thought it would ask if I want to update Goodreads... It never asks...

My kindle is linked to my goodreads account.

Last edited by radamo; 09-15-2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Corrected text to be Goodreads... not mobileread.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
What do you mean by mobilereads update?
How are you loading your kindle with books?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #3
radamo
Groupie
radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.radamo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
What do you mean by mobilereads update?
How are you loading your kindle with books?
YIKES... I meant "goodreads" updates!!! I was under the impression that progress would update as you read a book. I am loading the Kindle mostly with mobi's that were converted from my epubs.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:54 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think the goodreads only updates Amazon bought and loaded books.
Or that is my understanding that Amazon/goodreads can only see what was downloaded from Amazon.
Do your mobis have ASIN numbers?
Old 09-16-2016, 06:37 AM   #5
radamo
Groupie

They have ISBN #'s and the mobi does have a mobi-asin#.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Where did these numbers come from because an ISBN is unique to each style of book. And they are generally used only for physical books.
Example: Better Homes and Gardens cookbook 16th edition
The kindle version has an ASIN number.
The Ring bound has an ISBN number and the paperback has a different ISBN number.

Your ASIN has to match the Amazon/goodreads exactly to sync and update.

So where are you getting your ASIN?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:33 PM   #7
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy J7, & an iPod Nano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
YIKES... I meant "goodreads" updates!!! I was under the impression that progress would update as you read a book. I am loading the Kindle mostly with mobi's that were converted from my epubs.
I changed it for you.
WT Sharpe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #8
radamo
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Where did these numbers come from because an ISBN is unique to each style of book. And they are generally used only for physical books.
Example: Better Homes and Gardens cookbook 16th edition
The kindle version has an ASIN number.
The Ring bound has an ISBN number and the paperback has a different ISBN number.

Your ASIN has to match the Amazon/goodreads exactly to sync and update.

So where are you getting your ASIN?
I see it in the metadata of the converted file. The epub has an ISBN and the Mobi seems to have both.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:36 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Then I have no clue. Perhaps now that we got your title changed, more help will be along soon.
Oh and for future reference if you need a thread title changed in the future, just use the report button to the right of karma and a green person will come along and fix it for you.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:02 AM   #10
Penny_Dreadful
Enthusiast
Penny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle PW3
The only way I know how to do this uses Calibre. Make sure each book has the correct ASIN, then use the Quality Check plugin to "Fix" > "Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire" (works for all Kindles not just Kindle Fires), it's best to do this last just before sending to the Kindle, so no other conversions or plug-ins overwrite the ASIN metadata.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote