Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2015, 06:10 AM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Kindle skipping pages when opening?

I have a Voyage, but I've noticed this problem on previous Kindles.

When I close my cover/put Kindle to sleep, I'm usually at the very start of a chapter. Sometimes (quite often on Voyage) when I reopen it, it's 3, 4, 5 pages ahead of where I left off.

Also, sometimes (rarely), and this may be related, I press the page turn button and it skips a large number of pages forward.

Anyone else notice this?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:06 AM   #2
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Diverse
Mine has done it a few times, but it only skipped one page. I thought it might be the way I was holding it when I opened the origami cover, but maybe not. I haven't noticed it doing it since I installed the firmware update this week, so it might have been a bug they have fixed.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 04-06-2015, 03:56 AM   #3
jasonk1229
jasonk1229 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Paperwhite 2 is doing it as well, I have only had mine for a month but I think it has something to do with the font size settings(Thats just from a few books so might not be the only reason or one at all) I'm still testing.

I haven't eliminated line spacing or book formatting as well(just did the default calibre mobi conversion thus far). Its not too terrible just very annoying if your constantly picking it up and putting it down. This problem gives me OCD to keep reading until I find a really good start stop so I wont get jerked around my spot. lol cheers
jasonk1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:12 AM   #4
loco
Enthusiast
loco began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
ditto ^^^
loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #5
Tenzin_la
Tenzin_la began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I have the identical cover on both a Paper White 2 & a Voyage. While I never experienced this with the PW, I have on the Voyage. I have gotten into the habit of pressing the sleep/off button before I close the cover. My thinking is that the cover is tapping the side buttons, although that is merely a guess.
Tenzin_la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:04 AM   #6
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Diverse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzin_la View Post
My thinking is that the cover is tapping the side buttons, although that is merely a guess.
I have been suspecting something like this as well because I sometimes accidentally press the page turn buttons on my Voyage. I have changed the setting for the side buttons to "hard", but I might turn it off entirely to test if it will still turn pages by itself.

While I have said above that it doesn't happen since the last update, it has happened again a few times in the meantime.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote