Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
No I didn't "eject" the concepts of "mount" dismount"... Eject" etc are foreign to windoze XP home edition.. I did make sure that all copy operations were complete
No, eject is not foreign to Windows XP (any version).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Sorry. I misread your post. I agree with the others to make sure that you always safely eject your reader before disconnecting the USB cable. On my Mac I have to eject two items: both the Reader and Setup as separate "disks".
You don't have to actually eject Setup as you won't be reading or writing from it.
Advert
Old 02-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
It may not be officially labelled as Eject but Safely Remove Hardware is the same thing and yes it will cause issues when you don't eject or safely remove the reader properly from the computer. Ejecting/Safely Removing is built in as part of Windows not the device.

The same thing happened to me once with my T1 when I just pulled the plug.
I have caused a problem with my 505 when I pulled the plug without ejecting. So yes, ejecting/safely removing hardware is what should always be done.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
I made sure the simple copy procedure was complete.. I have a suspicion that something else is going on when windoze accesses the device... no matter I shall avoid plugging it in unless absolutely necessary.. I had a look at the running processes on the laptop but there was nothing there that seemed strange.. ah well
It's not plugging it into the USB that's a potential problem. It's just pulling the plug without safely removing it is a potential problem.