Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
What to do with a DX

I just inherited my Dad's old Kindle DX. I've got a Paperwhite and a K3, my husband and son have K4s. We don't really have the need to read large-format PDFs.

I'm thinking of donating it... somewhere. Seems to me there's an organization that gives ereaders to active-duty soldiers... would they even want something as old as the DX, and as large and clumsy? If so, does anyone have contact information for them? I have no idea how to find a valid group (and not some group who will simply turn around and sell it on ebay)
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Non-Edible Chicken
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Here's a link - unfortunately they do not accept DX's.

http://ebooksfortroops.org/donate-a-kindle/
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Non-Edible Chicken
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Trade it in to Amazon for a (tiny) credit?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle GDX, Kindle 3, KPW, Nook HD+
I have to say, I love me DX's (I own three -- though one has some major stuck pixels). I really don't think of of it large and clumsy and I'm sure you can find others that think the same way.

I'd start with E-books For Troops and I'm sure they can find a new owner.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I know of a worthy cause.

We developers would happily give it love and extra life.

In addition - since that would move us closer to our "All devices Goal" more quickly - the additional funds raised by our projects (That will be sent the the laosliteracy project) will reach that goal, that much quicker.

So if you want someone who will give it love and it to help raise charitable funds then we at the KUAL project are certainly one option.

Thanks.

(obviously we would forward you the postage costs or w/e)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I don't think I have an extre charger for it. I'll have to check when I get home next week.

Given all the fun my dad had with his kindles, and how much he loved them, this seems a worthy cause. I'll have to do a final check with my husband to make sure he doesn't have a use for it first, but at the moment I can't think of one.

Why don't you pm me the address to which I should send it?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote