Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #151
hastur
hastur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I just want to add that I successfully changed the currentlocale to sv_SE for Swedish dates and 24hr clock.
hastur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #152
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, iP4, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
With my reader mounted on /media/KOBOeReader, in
"/media/KOBOeReader/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf" there is an entry:

[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en_US

I changed en_US to en_NZ, powered my Glo off then back on, and now it displays the date in proper NZ format DD/MM/YY instead MM/DD/YY.

See post #120 for a list of English language locales available in firmware 2.4.0.
Thanks Geoff...

For the record, I found the file Kobo eReader.conf on my Mini directly under \.kobo\Kobo\ on my PC. So I am not sure about the reference to /media/KOBOeReader/...

However, once there, the change was straightforward and effective.

One comment though. Being an Aussie, my first inclination was to use en_AU for my locale. This changed the date as I wanted, but showed the time in 12-hour format with AM/PM. As I prefer the 24-hour format, I have changed the locale to en_GB, and the Mini is behaving nicely, with no apparent problems.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 06-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #153
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post
Thanks Geoff...

For the record, I found the file Kobo eReader.conf on my Mini directly under \.kobo\Kobo\ on my PC. So I am not sure about the reference to /media/KOBOeReader/...
I think that's the path on a Mac. Or maybe Linux.
Quote:

However, once there, the change was straightforward and effective.

One comment though. Being an Aussie, my first inclination was to use en_AU for my locale. This changed the date as I wanted, but showed the time in 12-hour format with AM/PM. As I prefer the 24-hour format, I have changed the locale to en_GB, and the Mini is behaving nicely, with no apparent problems.
Same thing here. But, it just feels wrong to do it
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #154
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post
Thanks Geoff...

Looks like the mount point for a Kobo ereader on a Linux box.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #155
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think that's the path on a Mac. Or maybe Linux.
I guessed it might be that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess
As I prefer the 24-hour format, I have changed the locale to en_GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor
Same thing here. But, it just feels wrong to do it
Heh, heh.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #156
BeeTee-Ess
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Looks like the mount point for a Kobo ereader on a Linux box.
Thanks David.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #157
rem736
Groupie
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura hd, kindle pw wifi, onyx boox m92 white, sony prs-t2/950/500
how do you comment out a line in the eReader.conf file? i tried using "#" and when i next opened up the file, it was converted to "%23". i wish that there was a way to set the time/date format other than changing the locale. i like the 24 hour format, so i changed it from en_US to en_GB. and the date format became "day-of-week, dd month yyyy" ("dd/mm/yyyy" in short format). this was an improvement over the US date format, in my opinion. but i would like to take it a step further and have it in reverse order (yyyy mm dd), which is the international format. i think that sweden (sv_SE) uses this format. but it also changes the language the date is displayed in. south africa (en_ZA) displays short form as "yyyy/mm/dd" but long form as "day-of-week dd month yyyy".
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote