Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
scheife
Book Designer
scheife began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Apostrophe in book title

Hi all.

I am doing an eBook conversion for a book that has an apostrophe in the title. When converted to .mobi, the title of the book, when displayed at the top of every page, gets garbled up, and instead of the apostrophe, it is replaced by "'"

This is not a problem when viewing on Kindle Previewer or Kindle for Mac (desktop), but when side loaded onto my Kindle app for my iPad, this is where I see the book title displayed incorrectly.

Any advise is appreciated.
scheife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Moved to the Mobi forum.

This is almost certainly a character encoding issue. You're not specifying the correct code page in the source HTML.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote