Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
My kindle wouldnt turn on - should i be worried

Yesterday when i went to turn on my Kt, it would not turn on. Nothing happened, no light on the bottom and the screen did not change.

I tried pressing and holding the power switch but this had no effect. I knew the battery was ok, has i had read on it not 4 hrs before and it was about 70% charged.

At this point i was in panic mode, i couldnt live without my kindle as i do a lot of travelling to work and back.

I then plugged my kindle in via USB and it proceeded to restart itself, and since then it's worked ok.

I know kindles are prone to the odd lock up but do you think this is a sign of something major, i find myself switching it on now just to check it will.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I've found with both my K3 and PW that if you turn them off you have to time how long to hold the power switch to get it to restart. It sometimes takes me a try or two to get it right. I sometime wish they just had an ordinary slide switch or push button on it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I had a similar problem with my K3 recently. I honestly thought it was dead. It wouldn't react at all. Finally, before putting it away in a drawer, I pushed the slider over and just held it. Eventually it woke up and rebooted.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote