Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
gorgamel
gorgamel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Firmware upgrade

Hallo everybody.
Last my automatic upgrade of Kobo Glo (N613) is 3.1.0. Since then searching for upgrade neither with device nor with Kobo Desktop is successfull. No new firmware has been found
Could anyone help? Should I perform ugrade manually? If so, how to do it?

Thanks for any help.
gorgamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Is the device is successfully syncing to the Kobo server? And what affiliate is is in the ".kobo/affilate.conf" file? Some, such as Rakutan, don't allow all the firmware versions. Changing this to Kobo, will usually fix this.

And to do a manual upgrade, see http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660. That has links to the firmware and instructions in the first few posts.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
gorgamel

Thanks so much. It almost worked, still after changing RakutenIchiba to Kobo, I have now 3.8.0 version. Why not 3.11.0?
Old 10-31-2014, 06:07 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
Try changing it to read affiliate=BestBuyCA. That now gets me the newest firmware always on the day of release.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
gorgamel

Thanks a lot!