Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
albert.jones4071
albert.jones4071 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Inaccurate Reading Stats or Missing Content?

Recently I purchased the Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. I've read the trilogy before and know they are fairly hefty books. My "Reading Stats" gave a reading time of 45.7 hours which seemed to be about right, although has been a while since I last read them, can't remember how long it took me.
The book was corrupted so I had to delete and re-download. Works fine now, however reading time now is 17.7 hours
Pretty big difference. I'm wondering if its because the reading stats are sometimes wrong or if my most recent download of the ebook is missing a lot of content.

Cheers
albert.jones4071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Reading time is determined by average pages/minute and number of pages left, scaled in some manner to account for changing font sizes. Since you had to redownload, I assume you lost your place in the book and had to skip back to it. That probably involved multiple rapid page turns to narrow it down to the exact page you were on, which can skew the average pages/minute number. It should even itself out as you continue to read at your normal pace.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
albert.jones4071
albert.jones4071 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks for the reply toddos, guess i could start reading this next and see how the reading stats change. I was only able to flip through around 60 pages in total, would crash at same place every time. Not sure how such a small number of pages would change the reading time from 45 to 17 hours.

This is first time I've had a "corrupted" book, suppose I should have looked at the file size instead of the reading time to see if any real differences.

The "version" I bought is the one offered for the boxing week sale. File size is 7.2 megs. Using the table of contents i'm able to flip to each book so it all seems to be there.

If anyone else has bought the ebook Millenium Trilogy maybe you can tell me your file size and that would tell me if there's something wrong.

Cheers
albert.jones4071 is offline   Reply With Quote