Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-09-2015, 09:56 AM   #1
Elaxon
Enthusiast
Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: none
Problem with display

I was having my H20 in the shower and I have KSM with the latest update, I also have pbchess. But after I used the poweroff button to shut it off and then use it later it didn't start up. It blinks though if I plug in charger which means it maybe isn't dead? Could I do something with sdcard safemode?
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
ottdmk
Evangelist
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Blackberry Playbook, Asus MemoPad FHD 10
I'd recommend charging it for a couple of hours (preferably with a wall charger if you have one available) and trying again.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:26 PM   #3
Lynx-lynx
Kiki's back!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaxon View Post
I was having my H20 in the shower and I have KSM with the latest update, I also have pbchess. But after I used the poweroff button to shut it off and then use it later it didn't start up. It blinks though if I plug in charger which means it maybe isn't dead? Could I do something with sdcard safemode?
I'm intrigued .... you use the H2O in the shower??

Isn't that an awkward activity - holding the device with one hand and trying to clean yourself with the other? How do you lather yourself up, so to speak? The bath, I totally understand - but the shower?

As a by the way, did you try a pin hole re set?

murg, I'm sure this'll tickle your fancy and you'll have something of great interest to post ......

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 04-09-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:21 PM   #4
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
murg, I'm sure this'll tickle your fancy and you'll have something of great interest to post ......
I did have a comment, but figured that discretion is the better part of valour.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:33 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I did have a comment, but figured that discretion is the better part of valour.
Go on, comment. You know you want to.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:22 AM   #6
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Go on, comment. You know you want to.
Well, if you insist...

Actually, on a serious note, in Lois Bujold McMaster's Vorkosigan series, there's a sequence where Miles (our erstwhile hero), is confined to Imperial Security headquarters, and due to boredom, is reading all of the Imperial Service manuals (think Army manuals) in alphabetical order. At one point, he is surprised to discover one on how to take a shower.

I guess it would be useful to take such a manual into the shower whilst learning to take one.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:43 PM   #7
Elaxon
Enthusiast
Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Elaxon can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: none
I fixed it by waiting. It solved itself after some days, so no more action needed. And I am not sure what happened to it but I don't use the H20 in the shower a lot, I just like to have it there turned to a page while I shower.
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:00 PM   #8
Lynx-lynx
Kiki's back!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, Kobo H2O
You've been a good sport Elaxon re some of us (definitely me!) haven't a little fun about your use of the H2O in the shower!!

(I've given you Karma! )
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote