Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Trekstor Pyrus Mini

The Trekstor Pyrus Mini now seems to be available for €49.99+p&p.

There's a review over at The Digital Reader

"This beauty is shorter, narrower, and thinner than the beagle, and it weighs in at only 111 grams, beating the txtr beagle by 17g and the K4 by 59g. The Pyrus Mini is being sold by trekstor, and it has a 4.3″ E-ink screen, 1.6GB of accessible storage, and a microSD card slot."

The screen is 600x800 pixels, which works out at 232ppi.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
oooo... it's tiny and I want one

But alas, it's not for USA
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a video review in Italian

Old 01-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
oooo... it's tiny and I want one

But alas, it's not for USA
It's tiny and I want one and I will get one too! Finally an e-ink device that really fits in my pocket.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:54 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It's tiny and I want one and I will get one too! Finally an e-ink device that really fits in my pocket.
I want an eink ereader to fit in my shirt pocket. Wish Amazon would make one.

In the comments of the video, someone asked about a dictionary and highlighting. The reviewer said no dictionary, no highlighting, and no notes.
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I want an eink ereader to fit in my shirt pocket. Wish Amazon would make one.

In the comments of the video, someone asked about a dictionary and highlighting. The reviewer said no dictionary, no highlighting, and no notes.
It would be my secundary reader, for those lost moments where you have 5 minutes of time. Right now, I use my BBMini for that. It doesn't do highilighting, I believe it does have notes, but I don't ever use it, and I'm not even sure about a dictionary.

I think the reviewer of that Italian review (thank god for subtitles!) was right: it's a nice device for those that want a simple device for on the road as companion to their "big" one at home.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:09 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It would be my secundary reader, for those lost moments where you have 5 minutes of time. Right now, I use my BBMini for that. It doesn't do highilighting, I believe it does have notes, but I don't ever use it, and I'm not even sure about a dictionary.

I think the reviewer of that Italian review (thank god for subtitles!) was right: it's a nice device for those that want a simple device for on the road as companion to their "big" one at home.
Because of its size, I'd actually take this one with me wherever I went.

As to its "shortcomings", it has none as far as I'm concerned. I never use any of those fancy features anyway, so no big deal. To me, an ereader is a digital paperback to be used for reading fiction.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #8
Miss
Connoisseur
Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 360+
I want a tiny ereader like this! Only with more book capacity...
Miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss View Post
It has a microSD card slot, which should give you enough capacity.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss View Post
It has a mSD card slot for up to an additional 32GB of storage.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #11
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
I like it, just ordered one
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #12
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Ah, nice. Someone finally showed up the Beagle. I figured it wouldn't be too hard, considering the Beagle's Rube Goldberg uploading scheme and being limited to four books in such a large memory space.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Ah, nice. Someone finally showed up the Beagle. I figured it wouldn't be too hard, considering the Beagle's Rube Goldberg uploading scheme and being limited to four books in such a large memory space.
I had actually read about this device before hearing about the Beagle... The Beagle I dismissed immediately, way too ugly and restricted...
Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #14
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
That's a nice small device. It's also in a price range where it would be easy to give to people that are moderately positive about eInk devices. In addition, with more and more affordable devices it gets easier to lend books to friend by handing over the complete device. I currently lend Kindle or PRS-505 to good friends sometimes, but a cheaper eReader is definitely easier to hand over.
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #15
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Only if this was an android phone as well with support for podcasts and newsfeed. My wait for the Eink phone continues.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote