edmond
Enthusiast
edmond began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox C65 AG
M92: problem in opening a file

Hi all,

I am having a strange problem.

I opened a file (a djvu): no problem.
Then I pressed the joystick and I confirmed (OK) without inserting a page number: it went to an empty page.
Then I exited from the file.

Now I am not able to open the file again!!!!

Every time I select it and I confirm, it tries to open the file but it doesn't succeed.
If I copy the file to another directory, or even if I simply rename it, then I am able to open it again.

What can I do to be able to open again the original file? I have no idea.

PS: if I rename the file or copy it somewhere else, when I open it my bookmarks are gone. This makes me guess that the reader stores bookmarks, current page and viewing properties somewhere under a label given by the exact pathname of the file. The question is: WHERE?

I also guess that I could solve my problem if I could say the reader: "open that file directly at page x", but I didn't find any such option.

Last edited by edmond; 01-28-2013 at 07:10 AM.
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
edmond
Enthusiast

Maybe a bug?!?

The above seems to be systematic: I reproduced it again with another file. But only for djvu, not pdf.

Try the following:

- open a djvu file.
- press the joystick button to open the page selection form.
- do not insert any number: just press "OK".
- exit the file via the back button.

Now, the djvu will not open anymore.
If you rename it or move it in another directory, it will open again.
If you rename again to the original name or move it to the original position, it will not open.

Really looks like a bug...
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It looks like bug.

Report it please in thread for FBreader/CoolReader or PDFreader bugs/wishes.
FBreader/CoolReader or PDFreader bugs/wishes
PDF reader buglist

And possibly in Wiki.
Wiki Wishlist

Last edited by Mono; 01-28-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
edmond
Enthusiast

Which software is used for djvus? fbreader, coolreader or pdfreader?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I do no know, I use only pdf. It is possibly configurable in Settings, which reader is used for epub.
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
edmond
Enthusiast

In other words: in the wiki which section do you think I should edit...?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Mono
Mono

If you go to Settings and there to Preferred Applications you can have a look which reader you use for ePub. It is possible to choose from all 3. The default is probably Pdf Reader.

And place your bug in the section of reader that you have set in M92.

I tried Pdf Reader with pdf document and it behaves correctly. Well, the question is what is correctly. It goes to the 1st page, if one does not fill the page field. I guess, better would be do nothing and stay at current page, but OK. Why not, like this.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
edmond
Enthusiast

My default is fbreader. I tried all of them, yet I am not able to open again my original file.

That's really annoying...
Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
Mono
Mono

Probably 0 or -1 or -32000 was written as page number to database for given file.

It is bug, if it is so. But is it that big problem to modify the file name or move it to different location? Untill it is fixed.

One could probably fix it by hand, but you would have to know where is the database and what is the structure of it.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
edmond
Enthusiast

Sure it is not a big problem to modify the file name and, actually, is what I did...

The problem is that I have lost the bookmarks: since it is a reference book and I bookmarked all the chapters, my little work is lost...
Moreover, it can happen again, by mistake, on other files, even if in the future I will be more carefull.
Finally, changing the name breaks the criterion I used to name files in my e-library (but this is a problem just for my insane mind... )
Old 01-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
Mono
Mono

Sorry, I forgot your bookmarks...

Some of the Linux wizards on this forrum might help you. The fix of database might be very/quite simple, for experienced person. That is not me. My only experience with Linux is M92 and android tablet.

Try to start a new thread asking where is database located and what is its structure. And how to modify current page number stored in it.