Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
DigiCam1
Enthusiast
DigiCam1 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 27
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2013
Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Open Calibre with one Genre?

I want to open Calibre only with my favorite Genre (Example: "Kriminalroman").

Is this possible?

Or: How can I change between two databases? I don't find a possibility, to change between different databases.
DigiCam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DoctorOhh's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,885
Karma: 12755553
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCam1 View Post
I want to open Calibre only with my favorite Genre (Example: "Kriminalroman").

Is this possible?
Yes. Search on tags:"=Kriminalroman" then save the search (right of the search bar). Now go to the Restrict to dropdown (left of the search bar) and select the saved search this will open your library restricted to the saved search, as if it was a database unto itself.

I open my library with only my Finished Books showing. When I want to clean up some of my non-finished books I go to the Restrict to for my working library which shows only books with that have the tag working.

Essentially using the Restrict To feature allows you to create independent virtual libraries within one giant library. I wrote about it here and here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCam1 View Post
Or: How can I change between two databases? I don't find a possibility, to change between different databases.
Dropdown arrow to the right of the library icon and you can switch between libraries.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,793
Karma: 1212788
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Device: Many android devices
Create a saved search that finds the books you want. Go to preferences -> behavior -> "restriction to apply when the current library is opened" and select that saved search. From then on, when you open that library you will see only those books. You see all books by changing the box near the top left that will be showing the search name to contain nothing.

You switch libraries by clicking the down arrow on the library toolbar icon (the picture of some books) and selecting "Switch/create library". Navigate to the other library, select the radio button "Use the previously existing library at the new location", and press OK.

[EDIT: I should learn to refresh the thread before I answer to avoid redundant posts if someone else has already answered]

Last edited by chaley; 01-21-2013 at 06:21 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #4
DigiCam1
Enthusiast
DigiCam1 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 27
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2013
Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Yes. Search on tags:"=Kriminalroman" then save the search (right of the search bar). Now go to the Restrict to dropdown (left of the search bar) and select the saved search this will open your library restricted to the saved search, as if it was a database unto itself.

I open my library with only my Finished Books showing. When I want to clean up some of my non-finished books I go to the Restrict to for my working library which shows only books with that have the tag working.

Essentially using the Restrict To feature allows you to create independent virtual libraries within one giant library. I wrote about it here and here.



Dropdown arrow to the right of the library icon and you can switch between libraries.
Great, thanks very much.
DigiCam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DoctorOhh's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,885
Karma: 12755553
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Create a saved search that finds the books you want. Go to preferences -> behavior -> "restriction to apply when the current library is opened" and select that saved search. From then on, when you open that library you will see only those books. You see all books by changing the box near the top left that will be showing the search name to contain nothing.
I forgot to include this valuable bit of info.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer Calibre Library to another PC keeping the Genre looki Conversion 3 11-19-2012 11:13 AM
Using a Genre Column in Calibre unifaerie Library Management 2 05-27-2012 12:36 AM
Genre Heirarchy Problem- Sub Genre Showing up in different main genre collin8579 Library Management 3 08-10-2011 12:11 PM
How do I make all .pdf's in my calibre library open in calibre instead of preview morbo3000 Library Management 9 07-30-2011 11:39 AM
Error dropping books into "Genre", calibre, version 0.7.50 meads Library Management 1 03-21-2011 03:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.