|12-14-2014, 06:43 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2013
Device: kindle 5
K5T cannot update/reset/nothing to do
I checked for the same kindle behavior but haven`t found on forum.
I had been asked to fix K5T issues with books opening in CoolReader.
It opens just books that are already on the flashdrive and does not open any other, moreover it deletes them from the drive after reboot.
I decided to clean up the memore and update firmware.
In fact I cannot do anything with device.
1. Current firmeare is 5.1.2. Cannot update to 5.3.2 -> Black screen, in a minute message appears in the bottom: issue detected - recovering. And device reboots with nothing changed.
2. Kubrik. After flashing fastboot, when manual operations should be performed, kindle just reboots.
3. Cannot delete any files from the flashdrive. I delete them, but they appear again after reboot.
4. After Factory Reset nothing happens.
5. Nothing happens when unistall JB or MKK.
Does anybody knows the reasons of such behavior?
Thanks in advance.
|12-15-2014, 01:23 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It sounds like you installed non-Amazon software on it, then tried to update. It has always been my understanding that you need to uninstall the non-Amazon stuff before doing an update. It sounds like you have bricked it. There's a reason that doing stuff like that voids the warranty.
|12-15-2014, 07:40 AM||#4|
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Sell what you have as non-working, spare parts.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|K5 Serial Port Connector (K4, K5T, K5PW, PW2)||knc1||Kindle Developer's Corner||1||12-10-2013 12:17 PM|
|Update Reset-Firmware-Version?!||epubfan||Kobo Reader||3||07-15-2013 09:03 PM|
|Touch Aussie Device Update after Factory Reset||murg||Kobo Reader||0||11-02-2012 09:28 PM|
|Restart v Soft Reset v Hard Reset||pssquirrel||Sony Reader||8||05-07-2012 08:40 PM|
|reset Kobo...no go on latest update||caheaton||Kobo Reader||5||04-11-2011 12:55 AM|