Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-06-2015, 10:12 PM   #1
randomviewer896
randomviewer896 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Unhappy Removing the margins on a Kindle Touch?

Hello. I've had this Kindle Touch for a few years now and I haven't had much of a use for it until recently. I've read about all these simple hacks for removing the margins for other Kindles (simply editing the user.pref file) however that doesn't work for my device. Is there a way to accomplish this same goal on a Kindle Touch, even through jailbreaking?
Here is a picture of my current setup, with considerable margins around the page I wish to view:

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by randomviewer896; 06-06-2015 at 10:47 PM.
randomviewer896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Depends on your firmware.

Kaznelson's hacks were only compiled for the PW1/2, so no luck there.

JBPatch as a whole has not been updated past firmware 5.3.2.1 -- but if that is what your Kindle is running, then I am pretty sure there is a patch for that.

Otherwise you'd have to write the patch yourself.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:26 AM   #3
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Try KOreader -
That might give you a better display without hacking the kindle itself.

It will certainly allow you to use a much wide selection of e-book formats, even if you can't get better margin adjustments out of it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote