|01-19-2013, 09:37 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2013
Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Editing books using Calibre and some kindle feature questions
Thanks for this wonderful software. I use Kindle Paperwhite and able to convert books to mobi. I manually load all my books into the device via Calibre. Here are my questions.
1. In some books, although Chapter link is available in the TOC, it is not getting displayed in the "GOTO" button. It makes it hard for me to flip pages. For Eg. in Game of Thrones, the maps are at the front or back and every time I visit them I need to note my current location to come back where I was. How do I edit the book in Calibre for enable this feature? In some books it is by default available(I assume the source was good).
2. I find the maps or images too small to read in Kindle PW. Enlarging makes it distorted. Is it possible to make the pictures bigger(while converting) without distorting it?
3. I find this "Time left" feature in Kindle PW particularly good. However, in some books the chapter-wise setting is not enabled. It displays only "Time left in the book". In others it works perfectly. If my question 1 is answered, will that solve this problem too or do I need to do something else?
4. Also there is X-ray feature. For manually loaded books, this feature is not enabled. Can calibre enable this feature?
Kindly answer to my questions. Awaiting your reply. Thanks.
|01-19-2013, 09:43 AM||#2|
creator of calibre
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
1. THat would imply the book you are converting has no metadata toc. Add a metadata toc and then convert
2. The Kindle always displays image fit to screen
3. Same as 1
You need to fix your source file, calibre is not a book editing tool, it will convert what is present in the source to the output. Use something like Sigil to fix you source epub before converting.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[Feature Request] Drag and drop books out of calibre||phil_ga||Calibre||5||08-27-2012 11:36 AM|
|Feature request for Calibre - report number of merged books||kacir||Calibre||11||06-22-2012 11:25 AM|
|Editing questions||Hellmark||General Discussions||19||05-06-2011 12:56 PM|
|Just got calibre, need help editing title and cover art (for kindle 3)||granturissimus||Calibre||1||11-30-2010 04:37 AM|
|Does Calibre supports the collection feature of the new Kindle?||Dave Berk||Calibre||3||08-23-2010 12:18 PM|