Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
nevilaan
nevilaan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
calibre.exe has stopped working

Hi

I've just (yesterday) installed the latest version of calibre 64 bit on Windows8
(Dell Inspiron PC). When trying to convert .epub to .mobi I get the message.

Everything worked fine on my old XP machine

Any ideas ?
nevilaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....s-occasionally
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
nevilaan
nevilaan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Not just DRM removal

I disabled the DRM removal plug-in but still get the problem, both with one of my books and also if I try to convert the "getting started" manual to mobi format
nevilaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to MobileRead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevilaan View Post
I disabled the DRM removal plug-in but still get the problem, both with one of my books and also if I try to convert the "getting started" manual to mobi format
Kovid directed you to this section of calibre's FAQ, titled "calibre freezes/crashes occasionally?" This section has some good ideas, but doesn't talk about DRM removal at all, you might want to read through that FAQ section.

Kovid's signature (quoted below) is a general note directed to all users about DRM. This statement is at the end of all of his posts and has nothing to do with your situation.

Quote:
Notice to all: I can not provide assistance with DRM removal, for legal reasons, so please do not contact me about it.
Good Luck!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote