Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #16
Lynx-lynx
Cheeky Kiki!!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1z View Post
I own the Kobo Glo for a few days now.. and two problems occured.

I can only compare mine with a friends' ereader (a sony PRS-T2). His ereader didin't have any issues displaying the Harlan Coben ebook, without splitting the words wrong.. even though the problems were somehow hidden in the sourscode. He never experienced displaying the wrong cover in sleep mode.

I was wondering with these flaws over this short period... is this a good e-reader after all... or should I trade it in for another one... the sony? On the net you mostly read reviews of people complaining about the troubles with the touchscreen or that it blocks after a while....

So I care for your experienced opinions... since I have a 14 day trial period.

I just love the glowlight.. the main reason why I bought it.
Sunny I think that if you want a light with a built in reader then the Glo has that.

If you don't want the built in light then go for the Sony that you're familiar with - if that's what you want.

Sony will probably put out a front lit ereader soon enough and you could also wait for that to happen.

I appreciate that this sort of decision is often difficult to make, so when you're next in a department store then have a play with the different brands of ereader and just see what seems right to you.
Lynx-lynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandg46 View Post
Have had the Glo for about 2 weeks and have not noticed a single problem.All my favourite books have been arranged in nice shelves-thanks to calibre- and I still have huge empty space in the main memory in spite of loading about 500-600 books. the original Kobo cover works beautifully and I have yet to recharge the Glo . I read about 1-2 hours daily. I am coming from Sony PRS-505.Have inserted 4GB card in the Glo but it is empty at present. I feel most of the problems enumerated here are possibly due to badly formatted ebooks than anything else. Just my two cents.
Personally, I've found a lot of ebooks even those from larger publishers are not well formatted and I have found issues when attempting to read or even sideload some of them onto an ereader. On the other side, Kobo's developers could modify their code to better handle some of those munged excuses for an ebook without some of the issues such as hanging on processing. This might not be an economically viable suggestion given that many of the issues are seen with epub books using Adobe's Reader Mobile software to render the book.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast