Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
OK, I am confused. That plugboard cannot produce what you are seeing, which means that either it is not being executed or that something else is changing the opf inside the book.

One thought: there is code in calibre to detect the word " and " in author strings and change it to " & ". This has the effect of splitting the author string into multiple authors. Try changing the '\1 and ' in the re function to '\1 aanndd ' and see if something different happens.

The above does not explain how the series got into the second author or how the author order got inverted. It almost looks like the kobo is parsing file names instead of using the opf.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #17
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The above does not explain how the series got into the second author or how the author order got inverted. It almost looks like the kobo is parsing file names instead of using the opf.
That plugboard still works fine for me, I just checked it again with the latest Calibre version.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #18
davidfor
Wizard
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Joe,

I don't know what is going on for you machine. I used the file you sent, and the following metadata plugboard:

Code:
epub:KOBOTOUCH = ([{authors:'re(re($, '(.*) & ', '\1 and '), ' & ', ', ')'}] -> authors)
When I sent this to my Glo, the author was shown as "Jessica Fletcher and Donald Bain". The line from the content.opf of the file on the Glo was:

Code:
<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Fletcher, Jessica &amp; Bain, Donald">Jessica Fletcher and Donald Bain</dc:creator>
Do you have any other plugboards? The one you show is for "any format" and the device "KOBOTOUCH". Do you have one for "epub" or "any device"? I am not sure of the precedence when the more generic device or format is also defined.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #19
jbaumann
Enthusiast
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
Hi,

after giving it a rest for the night and reading your responses that it should work, I plugged in the Kobo again this morning, removed all books again and copied them back. Now it works.

All (the later) experiments before were done without unplugging the Kobo once, and maybe calibre had a problem with that.

I have a second plugboard for my PRS-T1, which works without problems, and I think (i.e., hope) that it doesn't collide with the Kobo plugboard.

So, thank you very much for your help (even though I do not understand why it works now when it didn't before), and as a hint for others: Unplug the Kobo, restart calibre, and then try again.

Cheers, Joe
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #20
davidfor
Wizard
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumann View Post
Hi,

after giving it a rest for the night and reading your responses that it should work, I plugged in the Kobo again this morning, removed all books again and copied them back. Now it works.

All (the later) experiments before were done without unplugging the Kobo once, and maybe calibre had a problem with that.
That is at least one of the problems. The library on the device is built by processing the books the first time they are seen. If you change the metadata and resend the books, the device does not reread the books to update the library. You need to remove the book and then send them again for this to happen.

But, that doesn't explain the book you sent me. The author in that doesn't match what the plugboard should have done. I'm hoping that it was created while you were doing some experiments
Quote:
I have a second plugboard for my PRS-T1, which works without problems, and I think (i.e., hope) that it doesn't collide with the Kobo plugboard.
So long as the plugboards are for different devices, then it should be OK.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #21
jbaumann
Enthusiast
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
I assume that at some point I forgot to delete the book from the Kobo. Thus the book should indeed reflect some intermediate state.

Thanks again for the help, Joe
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote