Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Awesome! My guess is your ISP the route is uses to reach the server may be overcrowded or have issues. You could try pinging the server and see what results you get but happy to hear your clock is finally staying on the right time.
I doubt that as I use Comcast and there are typically no other issues.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #32
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
This time thing has me a little confused. I didn't (and don't) see anywhere to set the time on the Kindle 3. I'd always thought that they got the time from Amazon or some other time server. I also thought that since I needed to set the time on the Kindle 4, the the Kindle T and now the Kindle PW, that they only maintained their own time, withOUT connecting to a time server. If the device gets the time from the web, what's the point of having an option to set the time?
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote