Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
andamooka
andamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura about

Device: kobo glo
Epub problem on kobo glo

I have successfully put kindle books on my glo using calibre and apprentice alfs help.

Today my mum bought a kobo, and wanted some of the books I had from the kobo site.

I have adobe digital editions, I redownloaded the books as EPUB's. They wouldn't work without DRM removal, which I did on Calibre and I can read them on my pc now. But they wont go onto her glo, when I try, the book titles come over but say they are DRM'd. And then the other books already on are corrupted.

I've taken off my attempts at loading the epubs on, but where am I going wrong?
andamooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
If you're mum's Glo says the epubs are still DRM'd, then they probably are... are you sure you gave Calibre the right plugins that Apprentice Alf tells you to give it?

Another thing you could to is just authorise your mum's Glo with your ADE details.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If yuo can read the books with calibre's viewer, then they are not DRMed. If not the probbly are.

Maybe check this as a first step.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Are you sending the books to the device from calibre? When you add a book to calibre, it copies the book into its internal store and any changes are made to the copy. The original isn't modified.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote