Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
Julius Caesar
Groupie
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How do I purchase 10 ebooks all at once

If I buy 10 ebooks in one day, I don't want to have 10 entries in my credit card statement. Is there anyway that I could place 10 ebooks in a shopping cart and then buy them all with just one order?
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
If I buy 10 ebooks in one day, I don't want to have 10 entries in my credit card statement. Is there anyway that I could place 10 ebooks in a shopping cart and then buy them all with just one order?
There is no cart at Amazon, You can by a gift card to cover the 10 books and then use that to pay for them that way you would only have one credit card entry
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Smashwords has a cart but as melmac said Amazon doesn't.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro
They do have a cart, but not for ebooks. ebooks are "one click purchase" only.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
copyrite
Guru
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iTouch, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, K3K, PW, Kindle Fire 2
This is why I always have a gift card amount available at Amazon. I hate a ton of small charges on my credit card!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They do have a cart, but not for ebooks. ebooks are "one click purchase" only.
Touche. I was just thinking of the ebooks and not the rest of the store. You have to wonder why they don't have a cart option for ebooks really. I don't often buy multiple books (unless they are offered free) but every other store I go to for ebooks does have the cart option.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
hunnymonster
Zealot
hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 wifi, K3 3G, K Touch, K Paperwhite
At least for me they seem to not charge the card instantly so if I buy more ebooks in the next 15-30 mins the whole lot is bundled and charged as one order.

That said I don't mind if my credit card bill is delivered by parcel post so long as I have the clams to pay for it...
hunnymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
Hampshire Nanny
Connoisseur
Hampshire Nanny has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Hampshire Nanny has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Hampshire Nanny has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Hampshire Nanny has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Hampshire Nanny has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Hampshire Nanny has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Hampshire Nanny has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Hampshire Nanny has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Hampshire Nanny has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Hampshire Nanny has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Hampshire Nanny has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
I do as the others have said. I purchase a $50 gift card and then post it to my account. Once I've drawn that down to about 3 or 4 dollars left, I purchase another gift card. I also ask for gift cards from friends and family for birthday & Christmas.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
Julius Caesar
Groupie
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire Nanny View Post
I do as the others have said. I purchase a $50 gift card and then post it to my account. Once I've drawn that down to about 3 or 4 dollars left, I purchase another gift card. I also ask for gift cards from friends and family for birthday & Christmas.
Can you squeeze all the money left from the old card by merging it with the new card and not losing a single penny? Like if you have 3 dollars left from your old card and you buy an 8 dollars ebook, you would be charged 3 dollars from the old card and 5 dollars from the new card.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle PW1,2, Kindle DXG, Sony 950, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnymonster View Post
At least for me they seem to not charge the card instantly so if I buy more ebooks in the next 15-30 mins the whole lot is bundled and charged as one order.
Same for me. Based on previous accounts I've read, this seems to be more prevalent in the US than elsewhere.

Quote:
Can you squeeze all the money left from the old card by merging it with the new card and not losing a single penny? Like if you have 3 dollars left from your old card and you buy an 8 dollars ebook, you would be charged 3 dollars from the old card and 5 dollars from the new card.
If you have multiple gift cards available on your account, Amazon just keeps taking money from each until they are exhausted. Then they will charge your default credit card for any remaining balance.

I've often had a remaining balance of $0.01 on a gift card, and Amazon takes that last cent on the next purchase, and puts the balance of the transaction on my default credit card.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 09-03-2013 at 06:09 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #11
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle GDX, Kindle 3, KPW, HD+(CyanogenMod)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnymonster View Post
If I know I'm going to be buying multiple books, I stack them up on multiple Firefox tabs and click "Buy with 1-Click" one after the other. Mostly they show up as a single purchase.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 2
Quote:
You simply maintain a single balance of "gift credit" that you add to (or subtract from). You never lose a penny.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:34 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
If I know I'm going to be buying multiple books, I stack them up on multiple Firefox tabs and click "Buy with 1-Click" one after the other. Mostly they show up as a single purchase.
This seems to be a difference between amazon.com and amazon.co.uk. In the UK store each book purchase appears as a separate charge on my card no matter how close together the purchases are.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This seems to be a difference between amazon.com and amazon.co.uk. In the UK store each book purchase appears as a separate charge on my card no matter how close together the purchases are.
I've noticed that the amount charged appears different between Amazon.com and Amazon.uk as well. Of course I know the uk price is in either pounds or euro's but I have to wonder if that stays constant or fluxuates as the exchange rates change.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:08 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I've noticed that the amount charged appears different between Amazon.com and Amazon.uk as well. Of course I know the uk price is in either pounds or euro's but I have to wonder if that stays constant or fluxuates as the exchange rates change.
The price in £ will stay the same, but if you're paying in $, the $-equivalent that's charged to your credit card will certainly fluctuate with the exchange rate.