Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-19-2015, 01:32 AM   #1
mendesitba
mendesitba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/Kindle for Samsung (s5)/Google Books (s5 and Ipad 2)
Question How to send webpages from Android Device to Kindle?

Hello!

On my desktop, I send web pages to my Kindle using the "Send to Kindle" Firefox Extension (by amazon.com I think), but I don't know any other similar app for android. Anyone knows?

If there is not a straightforward way such as the extension, there is another third-part app/method?

(I think I'll create a poll with the possibilities to see which one is the most used)

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by mendesitba; 06-19-2015 at 01:46 AM. Reason: add icon and the poll idea
mendesitba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: Entourage PE Ermine / K3 / HTC EVO 3D /Hisense 7" Tablet
http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/android
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #3
mendesitba

Well, there is no where in the "Send to Kindle for Android" by Amazon that it says it would send webpages to Kindle. I had already looked at this app before posting here, but reading its description, it seems to work to send documents, books and PDFs, not web pages.

Anyway, I'll download it and try. Thanks for the answer.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:20 PM   #4
mendesitba

I clicked in the link provided by Amazon, it isn't an individual app called "send to kindle for android", in fact, they redirect to the page of "Kindle for Amazon" app, which I already have in my phone and it does not send web pages to Kindle.
Again, thanks for trying to help, you are welcome.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #5
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If you use Firefox on your android device you should be able to install the Send-to-Kindle Firefox extension there too.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #6
mendesitba

lol, I didn't know Firefox for Android had the same addons of desktop Firefox. I'm currently using Chrome on my Android.
This is great info! I'll download Firefox now Manyyy Thanks!!!
Old 06-19-2015, 02:41 PM   #7
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You *might* need to use Desktop mode. Can't remember.

I am more of a PC person myself, smartphones are too small to do most of what I want to do, even in the browser (150+ tabs, for one) and tablets aren't much better. Plus I don't actually own one (scandalous though it is for one of my generation ).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:08 PM   #8
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: Entourage PE Ermine / K3 / HTC EVO 3D /Hisense 7" Tablet
There is also an app called "Push to Kindle" ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kindleit&hl=en ) Description
Push to Kindle lets you send web articles (news stories, blog posts, Wikipedia entries) to your Kindle (app or device) for a better reading experience. It's not free but it's not super expensive either. $1.90
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #9
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aztak EZReader, Nook HD+, Fire HDX 7, Kobo Glo, Kindle PW2
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SxHsKyyASA0ZlQ

That's what I use.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #10
mendesitba

Guys, thank you for all the answers!!

eschwartz: I tried the firefox android app, but although it has some extensions/addons for android, there isn't the 'send to kindle' extension. Even using the desktop mode as you said, I can't do it.

Edward_R and mystika1, thanks for the suggestions of the app. In fact, I had saw these apps before, but since "Push to Kindle" wasn't free and "Send to Kindle" had a description saying you needed an account on a third-part website (which wasn't free) I always looking for some free way to this before trying an paid alternative. But I went to play store again and the "Send to Kindle" app altered its description, removing that part that said it needed the third-part paid account. I downloaded it and it has been working. Thanks for the help!!

PS: looking at the play store, i found a new apple (released this month) that says to do the same thing, but I didn't tested yet. Anyway, if someone wants to do it, here is the link: 2 Kindle