Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
mollyf
mollyf began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini
Books from Calibre to Ipad mini

I have followed all instructions, and the books are just not showing up on the iPad...I am feeling quite frustrated, and stupid!
mollyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Have you looked through this thread?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118559
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
There is also an optional Apple iDevice driver available for calibre. If you've installed that driver and your Mini is not recognized, follow the instructions in that post to report your Mini's USB profile. Please post any calibre-related followup in the calibre forum.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
mollyf, you can just put your Calibre folder inside Dropbox or SugarSync on your main computer, and then all of your Calibre books will automatically be always available on all your phones and tablets as well, and no direct transfer between your computer and the iPad will ever be necessary. Then, when you access your Calibre books from the Dropbox app or SugarSync app on your iPad, you can choose whatever app you wish to read the book in. (I recommend Marvin.)

Letting Dropbox or SugarSync take care of Calibre is really the fastest way. You set it up once, and you can then forget all transfer worries once and for all.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
mollyf
mollyf began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini
Thank you all....that will be today's project!
mollyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
SharonK
Enthusiast
SharonK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Question Could you discuss Calibre in Dropbox a bit more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
mollyf, you can just put your Calibre folder inside Dropbox or SugarSync on your main computer, and then all of your Calibre books will automatically be always available on all your phones and tablets as well, and no direct transfer between your computer and the iPad will ever be necessary. Then, when you access your Calibre books from the Dropbox app or SugarSync app on your iPad, you can choose whatever app you wish to read the book in. (I recommend Marvin.)

Letting Dropbox or SugarSync take care of Calibre is really the fastest way. You set it up once, and you can then forget all transfer worries once and for all.
I've read the instructions as to how to put my Calibre library into Dropbox, but I have a question that I haven't found answered here. Dropbox has a limit as to what you can get free and the Calibre library has many subfolders and books. Don't you run out of space and have to purchase more? That's my biggest concern since I want to be prepared. I've read over many of the questions and answers here on the forum and haven't seen that actually mentioned. Your comments would be appreciated.
SharonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK View Post
I've read the instructions as to how to put my Calibre library into Dropbox, but I have a question that I haven't found answered here. Dropbox has a limit as to what you can get free and the Calibre library has many subfolders and books. Don't you run out of space and have to purchase more? That's my biggest concern since I want to be prepared. I've read over many of the questions and answers here on the forum and haven't seen that actually mentioned. Your comments would be appreciated.
It's possible you'd have to buy more space it depends on your library size and how much free space you have. Through referrals and things you can do to get more space I have a total 18.2GB (IIRC you start out with 2GB free) and IIRC some other services give you more free space to start out. My Calibre library is about 2,800 books with almost all of them in both ePub and Mobi format and takes up about 3GB.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
SharonK
Enthusiast
SharonK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Thanks for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's possible you'd have to buy more space it depends on your library size and how much free space you have. Through referrals and things you can do to get more space I have a total 18.2GB (IIRC you start out with 2GB free) and IIRC some other services give you more free space to start out. My Calibre library is about 2,800 books with almost all of them in both ePub and Mobi format and takes up about 3GB.
Thank you for this information. I'm been considering several options to get the books to my iPad. It's good to know all my options.
SharonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Sharon, I think Dropbox is the best cloud service, and I use it for my work-related files. I'm now up to 9.9 free GB, thanks to referrals, up from the default free 2 GB everyone gets. Even so, I have it filled up to 88% or so.

For this reason, I use SugarSync to mirror my Calibre library online. SugarSync gives you 5 GB for free to start with. Thus far, this is enough to handle my Calibre folders.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote