Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
Cylv1
Cylv1 began at the beginning.

Device: Several, including Kobo Touch
Introducing myself

Hello,

My first post here. Pardon me for my bad English: as a non native English speaker, I will try to do my best.

I live in France and have been using several e-ink devices since two years : I started with a Samsung E60 (this device has been sold at a very low price of € 49 in january 2011) and then started to convert my family to reading books on electronic devices. By now, we have three e-readers at home: my old E60, my wife's Kobo touch, and my daughter's Kobo Glo.

E-readers are only starting (since a few months) to become popular in France : Kobo(s) are widely sold in the FNAC stores, Cybook Odyssey(s) are sold in other shops and, of course, Amazon Kindle(s) are available. One of the main problems the French e-book market has to face is the unique price of books (in France, the price of books is mandatory and determined by the publisher. Resellers may at most offer a 5% discount on the price) and the so unique (and moreover constant in time) price of e-books causes ebooks to be sold at prices between the first edition and the paperback edition.

Because e-book reading is rather a new trend here, there isn't a large community of French-speaking people to interact with on the Internet, and most people read the mobileread site and forum to seek for information about e-reader devices.

I am thus mostly interested in learning about my own e-readers (especially Kobos) and possibly helping people if I am able to.

All the best for 2013 !
Cylv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Cylv and welcome to MobileRead.

Your English is perfect. Also, be sure and check out our French Language Secton
MickeyC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:07 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introductions