|05-15-2016, 07:22 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2015
Device: kobo glo
Dismiss Tiles by Add A Trigger In Sqlite File.
You can dismiss tiles (Sync, Shelf, Library...) by adding trigger to sqlite file.
1) Download sqlite editor, I'm using SqliteStudio.
2) Backup the sqlite file from your device, X:\.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite, just in case, copy the file to folder in your PC.
3) Open SqliteStudio, database > add database ,X:\.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite.
4) Select Table:Activity and go to Data.
5) You can see all the tiles on the device, the tile Type and Enable (true or false).
go to Triggers > Create Trigger.
6) Now write a trigger to disable a tile, example Sync.
UPDATE Activity SET Enabled='false' WHERE Type='Sync';
The tiles dismiss only after reboot the device, exiting nickle or connecting the the device to PC.
Last edited by oren64; 05-22-2016 at 04:36 PM.
|05-15-2016, 08:00 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
And for anyone who uses calibre, my Kobo Utilities plugin has this as a function.
As a suggestion here create the trigger as:
UPDATE Activity SET Enabled='false' WHERE Type IN ('Sync', 'Recommendations');
The last time I checked, the full list of tiles is : Award, Bookstore, CategoryFTE, Extras, GlobalStats, Library, QuickTour, RecentPocketArticle, Recommendations, RelatedItems, WhatsNew, Shelf, Sync, Top50.
As to how well this works, it depends on the tile. Some it can completely block. Others will appear and then disappear on the next home screen update and some it seems will only disappear when you restart the device. And this has changed with the firmware versions.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2.x UI bug: How to dismiss dropdown menu in Tags field?||MelBr||Calibre||10||10-19-2014 04:18 PM|
|Apple and Google agree to dismiss all Lawsuits||frahse||News||3||05-18-2014 01:31 AM|
|Motion to dismiss e-book suit rejected||carld||News||27||05-18-2012 08:41 PM|