Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
KoboLauncher for standalone Qt apps

Kobo Launcher & it's applications

***** Product web page *****

--- SOURCES ---

1. CoolReader
2. pbchess (chess training application)
3. checkers
4. reversi (othello)
5. sokoban
6. gomoku
7. notepad
8. calculator

Usb network

Instruction how to start usb network on Windows
Usbnet tips and troubleshooting
Usb network for Windows XP instruction
USB Network

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 03-22-2018 at 02:46 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
koenieee
Enthusiast
koenieee doesn't litterkoenieee doesn't litterkoenieee doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Hmm, nice!
Do you think it would be possible to make KoboLauncher like a plugin for Nickel?
So we don't have to use the plugin interface?
koenieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenieee View Post
Hmm, nice!
Do you think it would be possible to make KoboLauncher like a plugin for Nickel?
So we don't have to use the plugin interface?
I've spent a day yesterday for that... But we have following problems:

1. Touch input doesn't work in plugins
2. We should modify database for our plugin
3. And at last I don't see the way to obtain a file name of the file for that my plugin is started...

I think that in the future we can solve these problems.

koenieee

Now we can make the calculator

I also have ready virtual keyboard in pbchess. So we can make the text editor with formatting from Qt examples!

Like this or even this.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 01-04-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
koenieee
Enthusiast

I'm wondering how ah- / ikarus9999 did the plugin thing, I haven't found a documentation for nickel. Maybe asking Kobo for some information..

Nice that calc!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Unfortunately it does not work on mine (Touch 2.3.1). The launcher starts, but none of the games from there. The exit button works.
After several (about 30) random taps on the buttons the Chess started, the "please register" window appeared but I wasn't able to close it - it recognized the tap on the "OK" button (it "blinked"), but nothing happened.
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
Unfortunately it does not work on mine (Touch 2.3.1). The launcher starts, but none of the games from there. The exit button works.
After several (about 30) random taps on the buttons the Chess started, the "please register" window appeared but I wasn't able to close it - it recognized the tap on the "OK" button (it "blinked"), but nothing happened.
Thanks, clsdclsd. Probably I've missed something. Can you start the launcher from telnet

(/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh)

and check it's output?

P.S. Important! Any game should start after delay of about 3 sec after button press.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 01-04-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl
... Can you start the launcher from telnet
and check it's output?

P.S. Important! Any game should start after delay of about 3 sec after button press.
I've tried to enable telnet (following the instructions here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Touch_Hacking) but after editing the etc/init.d/rcS file the touch did not booted, I had to do a factory reset.

I've been waiting for minutes to start a game, but 29 out of 30 times it didn't happen. Once it starts, I can't get rid of the popup window (however I'm able to move it, and the chess clock is ticking, so the game is running at the background)
Old 01-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
I've tried to enable telnet (following the instructions here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Touch_Hacking) but after editing the etc/init.d/rcS file the touch did not booted, I had to do a factory reset.

I've been waiting for minutes to start a game, but 29 out of 30 times it didn't happen. Once it starts, I can't get rid of the popup window (however I'm able to move it, and the chess clock is ticking, so the game is running at the background)
Ok, I suspect that something wrong with KoboLauncher...

Can you change KoboLauncher.sh in order it start pbchess instead of KoboLauncher?

Please, try to start pbchess this way.

You need to change in KoboLauncher.sh:

$root/KoboLauncher -qws

to

/mnt/onboard/.kobo/pbchess-1.2.5/pbchess -qws

(use absolute path and don't touch $root)

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 01-05-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
clsdclsd
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Ok, I suspect that something wrong with KoboLauncher...

Can you change KoboLauncher.sh in order it start pbchess instead of KoboLauncher?

Please, try to start pbchess this way.

You need to change in KoboLauncher.sh:

$root/KoboLauncher -qws

to

/mnt/onboard/.kobo/pbchess-1.2.5/pbchess -qws

(use absolute path and don't touch $root)
This way the chess starts immediately, but the OK button on the license window "blinks" only and the window remains, just like the previous attempts when I managed to start the game through the launcher.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 AM   #10
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
This way the chess starts immediately, but the OK button on the license window "blinks" only and the window remains, just like the previous attempts when I managed to start the game through the launcher.
Thanks!

Are the same problem in other games? Can you try sokoban?

I'll try to make my own build of Qt next week. Probably Kobo spoiled something it Qt because these games work without problems on the different platforms (Kindle, PocketBook, Onyx).
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #11
clsdclsd
Zealot

The problem is the same in every game. Do you think it worth a try with another firmware version? The libQtCore.so file seems different in almost every firmware upgrade package.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #12
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
The problem is the same in every game. Do you think it worth a try with another firmware version? The libQtCore.so file seems different in almost every firmware upgrade package.
No, I'll made my own Qt build in a few days (after Christmas). It will be Qt 4.8.4 (the latest official Qt). Kobo has Qt 4.8.0 patched by Kobo for their own needs. It can be the reason of problems. Qt libs can be freely distributed with KoboLauncher.

Android build of pbchess

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soft.qtandroid

uses Qt 4.8.4.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
koenieee
Enthusiast

@clsdclsd, which firmware version do you use? Because a firmware lower then 2.x contains QT 4.6.2, not QT 4.8, so maybe thats the problem.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

clsdclsd uses 2.3.1.

Quote:
Unfortunately it does not work on mine (Touch 2.3.1).
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #15
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
I would try it on my Glo, but the download link is broken.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote