Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #1
bibliocat1
bibliocat1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
TXT to EPUB then add JPG?

My client wants his book with both text and JPGs converted to EPUB. Originally gave it to me in Word and PDF. Already know PDF is a lost cause.

First did Word>HTML>EPUB and lost the images and the text was all over the place because of the spacing from Word.

So now trying Word>TXT>EPUB...is there anyway to insert the JPG images into EPUB after going from TXT>EPUB?? Other ideas?
bibliocat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:50 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
If the point of this is to do a conversion and then clean up the epub, there is a DOC input plugin to convert from these. See http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=229166 for details.

Alternately, open it in a recent version of Word and save as DOCX. The conversion plugin for DOCX is built-in to calibre, so there is no need to add anything.

There is also a Word addon that allows you to export from Word as an ePub. See http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213372 for details.

Of these, I have only tried the first, but only to help debug the plugin. There are probably other ways and I suggest asking in either the ePub forum or the Workshop forum for help.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 07-28-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the point of this is to do a conversion and then clean up the epub, there is a DOC input plugin to convert from these. See http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=229166 for details.

Alternately, open it in a recent version of Word and save as DOCX. The conversion plugin for DOCX is built-in to calibre, so there is no need to add anything.

There is also a Word addon that allows you to export from Word as an ePub. See http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213372 for details.

Of these, I have only tried the first, but only to help debug the plugin. There are probably other ways and I suggest asking in either the ePub forum or the Workshop forum for help.
- of the three, I find the calibre DOCX 'conversion' is best. But an even better solution is to Import the DOCX into the calbre ebook editor.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote