Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
Has any one used a "publistist" like "Indie Inker" ?

I have done no real serious promoting at all yet with my five books. They are selling, but honestly not sure how or why. I am making enough to cover some one like Indie Inker (http://indieinker.com/blog-tour-packages/) but is that worth while? Does it actually work? I am thinking I would tie it in with the release of my 5th book.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
How many books do you think there will be in the series VydorScope?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Millions!
Old 07-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Millions!
He was talking about books, not money!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard

Well there is no plan. The first four books built the multiverse that the stories take place in. After that the books will be stand alones, or mini-series. Eventually I hope to open it to guest authors and fan fic.... but that is a long long way off.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Well there is no plan. The first four books built the multiverse that the stories take place in. After that the books will be stand alones, or mini-series. Eventually I hope to open it to guest authors and fan fic.... but that is a long long way off.
Ah the GRRM approach.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
avantman42
Guru
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & Nook
I haven't done a blog tour, so I've not used a company that organises them. I have been soured on the idea of publicists by being on the receiving end of some. I used to do reviews on my blog, and I got spam review requests from publicists asking me to review their client's books. Unfortunately, they didn't actually read my review policy, they just added my email address to their list and spammed me.

So, the only advice I can really offer is, be careful that you don't hire someone that will spam loads of bloggers on your behalf
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Ah the GRRM approach.
GRRM? Dunno that one... actually was basing the idea on books I used to read all the time back in the 80's when we still had paper.. The Forgotten Realms. Probably been 20+ years since I read any of them though... need to find them again.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
George R. R. Martin.... A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones - the never ending series....

....This is the song that never ends
it goes on and on my friend
someone started singing it and...

P.S. a friend of mine wrote a couple of those Forgotten Realms things....if I'm remembering right....haven't heard from him in forever.

Last edited by kennyc; 07-05-2013 at 09:17 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote