Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
krissasaur
krissasaur began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Send to device templates?

I really hate asking questions like this because they make me feel stupid, but I feel about ready to cry/delete Calibre all together, so I figured I should at lease ask first before I do that.

I understand that I cannot change how Calibre stores files on my PC, which annoys the crap out of me, since I have a really organized computer, but anyway, not the issue.

What I understand is that you CAN change how it saves when you 'Send to Device.' Or.. am I just reading this wrong?

I want to send the books to 'Card A' on my Nook Tablet (with a N2A). I want them to send as 'First Last - Series - Series # - Title" (so everything shoved into one folder.. Subfolders are annoying on android.) but I look at it, and it is in "Last, First \ Title \ Book # - Title" ... way too many subfolders, and NOT what I want.

In 'calibre - Preferences - Sending books to device' I have it set to the save template '{authors} - {series}{series_index:| - | - }{title}'. No \'s. No subfolders at all.

... What am I doing wrong? What am I misunderstanding? How can I get this to do what I want?

Also, sorry if this is the wrong section. Thank you for taking the time to read this and help.
krissasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissasaur View Post
I really hate asking questions like this because they make me feel stupid, but I feel about ready to cry/delete Calibre all together, so I figured I should at lease ask first before I do that.

I understand that I cannot change how Calibre stores files on my PC, which annoys the crap out of me, since I have a really organized computer, but anyway, not the issue.

What I understand is that you CAN change how it saves when you 'Send to Device.' Or.. am I just reading this wrong?

I want to send the books to 'Card A' on my Nook Tablet (with a N2A). I want them to send as 'First Last - Series - Series # - Title" (so everything shoved into one folder.. Subfolders are annoying on android.) but I look at it, and it is in "Last, First \ Title \ Book # - Title" ... way too many subfolders, and NOT what I want.

In 'calibre - Preferences - Sending books to device' I have it set to the save template '{authors} - {series}{series_index:| - | - }{title}'. No \'s. No subfolders at all.

... What am I doing wrong? What am I misunderstanding? How can I get this to do what I want?

Also, sorry if this is the wrong section. Thank you for taking the time to read this and help.
There is a newer way
With the device connected: Right click the device icon: Configure

Try setting it there (your template look correct (just really a long file name)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
krissasaur
krissasaur began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
That worked. Thank you so much. I feel dumb for missing that!

And long filenames are okay. I just find it really difficult and annoying to navigate through directories on a touch screen and would rather it all be... there.
krissasaur is offline   Reply With Quote